2018 St Louis Summer Bash - June 30 Whitecliff Park

You may want to post an invite to the 2018 St Louis BBQ Brethren Bash on the BBQ Brethren FaceBook page. There are quit a few who follow the BBQ Brethren over there.
:mrgreen:

Even if there's only five of us there, at least I'll have met four new Brethren. Can't wait!

Are you going for the day or staying overnight?

Just looking at some logistics and such.

I've done the day trip several times a year, and even did the first St Louis bash that way. Leave here around 5am and leave there around 6:30pm.

Probably stay overnight somewhere. After numerous of adult beverages during the day, don't think I'd want to drive that far. Which brings up the question, who's staying overnight? Any suggestions for places to stay, maybe a night cap somewhere? Go to eat in the morning?

Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
OK. I'm in!!!! None of my smokers/grills are too portable. Could bring down a blackstone... Now to figure out what to bring? Any suggestions? I could head up to cheesehead land to the Brat Stop for some fresh brats & cheese curds. Chicago char dogs? Oklahoma onion burgers? Of course the Malort will make an appearance.

Oh Man, That all sound Great! I'm leaving the Cabo here. Always wanted to try the Malot! I had originally planned to bring 2 racks of spares. Thinking now of bringing a sampling of gator. Of course the boudin is still on too.

I missed this "Clash" of the Bash Beverages the other day.
Of course I would prefer the Cabo! But I have never tasted the Malort.
Maybe with Toast in the house you guys could open with a round of Cabo and close out with the Malort? :mrgreen:

I missed this "Clash" of the Bash Beverages the other day.
Of course I would prefer the Cabo! But I have never tasted the Malort.
Maybe with Toast in the house you guys could open with a round of Cabo and close out with the Malort? :mrgreen:
No, I think we would want to finish with the good stuff, not the bad stuff. :wink:

Three Chicago Sommeliers tried it: Jon McDaniel, Wine Director at Acanto: "It’s the STD of liquor. It’s never going away. It’ll be with you until you do something about it. You will taste this hours later." :shock:

Maybe I'll send an extra bottle back with Toast in case I can't make it to the Texas Bash. Still have it on the calendar... :thumb:

You may want to post an invite to the 2018 St Louis BBQ Brethren Bash on the BBQ Brethren FaceBook page. There are quit a few who follow the BBQ Brethren over there.
:mrgreen:

I just created an event on the FB Page with links back to this thread and the survey. Let me know if you need any edits.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1765147486898533/

Also, is there any clean up needed in this thread? Let me know!

You can go to the Facebook event and then click on share then share as a post to your time line!! Then invite your friends!
I just did!! :mrgreen:

You can go to the Facebook event and then click on share then share as a post to your time line!! Then invite your friends!
I just did!! :mrgreen:

And encourage them to join the forum and post in this thread. That way you aren't looking in multiple places for info and who is coming, and we get more members!

Also, is there any clean up needed in this thread? Let me know!

Maybe edit the thread title to be Summer Bash, not Summer or Fall Bash. And clean up the first post with location info and a link to the spreadsheet.

Maybe edit the thread title to be Summer Bash, not Summer or Fall Bash. And clean up the first post with location info and a link to the spreadsheet.

OK. Fixed the thread title. I updated the first post about 15 minutes ago. Bob PM'd me. Let me know if it looks good.

Probably stay overnight somewhere. After numerous of adult beverages during the day, don't think I'd want to drive that far. Which brings up the question, who's staying overnight? Any suggestions for places to stay, maybe a night cap somewhere? Go to eat in the morning?

I've been know to abstain.

And I've been known to hang out at the Urban Chestnut brewery downtown.

Ugh

Ok Farkers....I just reserved a uhaul truck and motorcycle trailer.

The Lang will be in attendance. Enough room for anyone to share!!!

One WEEK FROM TOMORROW. This is getting real folks.

Gonna.

Be.

Epic.

I cant edit the sign up sheet but i am just coming with me. Family opted out. I will be coming with Grundgetta (UDS) and was thinking about cooking some jerked pork loin, and bringing some jamaican style rice and beans. Anyone not like that?

I cant edit the sign up sheet but i am just coming with me. Family opted out. I will be coming with Grundgetta (UDS) and was thinking about cooking some jerked pork loin, and bringing some jamaican style rice and beans. Anyone not like that?
That sounds awesome. Glad you're going to be able to make it! I added you to the signup sheet!

Last edited:
I will be coming with Grundgetta (UDS) and was thinking about cooking some jerked pork loin, and bringing some jamaican style rice and beans. Anyone not like that?
Sounds good to me. I'm thinking of making some BBQ onion rings, BBQ donuts & a bacon explosion or two.

Mark Hunsaker in the House

Just talked to Mark from Hunsaker smokers and he and his son, who helps run the business, will be joining us on June 30! He will be bringing a couple of his smokers and plans to show us how to cook wings with a hanging basket.

It sounds like he will be arriving in the morning and may need to head out in the early afternoon, so if you want to meet him plan to come early.

Noah is still not sure if he will be able to make it but I should get an update mid week and will let you all know.

Back