Conch Chowder

Did you drive your truck back and forth over the conch meat to tenderize it, rather than beat it, like my mother said she did?

I lubs me some chowdah, and yours looks DIVINE Lady J! Yes please, and seconds if I can!

Thanks Chris! I'd share if you lived closer. :grin:

Did you drive your truck back and forth over the conch meat to tenderize it, rather than beat it, like my mother said she did?

Don't give me ideas. lol Works great for cracker crumbs too. :p

Wow! I would love a bowl of this right now. It would go incredible with all the snow we have!!!

Wow! I would love a bowl of this right now. It would go incredible with all the snow we have!!!
Shoot, I bet you're getting buried in white stuff! Hope you keep warm. Thanks! :grin:

Nice cowgirl! I too prefer cream based chowder over tomato. Your's looks outstanding!
Me too Dennis! For some reason the creamy chowder is more of a comfort to me. Thanks so much! :grin:

Fantastic job Jeanie and beautifully presented.

The only thing I would do different is have that in a bread bowl - and if there was no bread bowl available, I'd just eat the whole pot. :hungry:

That looks incredible, Jeanie, and I guarantee you were eating the best conch chowder in OK - and, let's be real - probably anywhere else for that matter.

And I know I keep saying it, but it still applies - the way you keep coming out with such different and delicious meals boggles my mind - just incredible!

The only thing I would do different is have that in a bread bowl - and if there was no bread bowl available, I'd just eat the whole pot. :hungry:

That looks incredible, Jeanie, and I guarantee you were eating the best conch chowder in OK - and, let's be real - probably anywhere else for that matter.

And I know I keep saying it, but it still applies - the way you keep coming out with such different and delicious meals boggles my mind - just incredible!

lol Thanks Greg! Might be the only pot of conch chowder in oklahoma. :-D
I love your bread bowl idea. I'll give that a go next time.
Very kind of you! :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I've eaten lot of conch, both raw and cooked. But never in chowder. That looks delicious and so pretty!

I've eaten lot of conch, both raw and cooked. But never in chowder. That looks delicious and so pretty!

Thanks so much, Ulc! I still need to try it ceviche style. Bet it's delicious! :grin:

99.8% of our conchs end up in china town, and eventually Hong Kong, The Chinese dont boil the fresh conchs to remove the meat, instead they crack them out with a hammer, and pack and freeze for their long ocean voyage. When they do cook them, they take the cracked out raw conch, clean it up and cut into thin slices, put a handful of slices into a perforated ladle, dunk into boiling water and count to 10, thats it, tender. Or pressure cook them, Otherwise, you could re tred a tire with them and it would never where out, lol
So there ya go, conch lesson #1, lol

99.8% of our conchs end up in china town, and eventually Hong Kong, The Chinese dont boil the fresh conchs to remove the meat, instead they crack them out with a hammer, and pack and freeze for their long ocean voyage. When they do cook them, they take the cracked out raw conch, clean it up and cut into thin slices, put a handful of slices into a perforated ladle, dunk into boiling water and count to 10, thats it, tender. Or pressure cook them, Otherwise, you could re tred a tire with them and it would never where out, lol
So there ya go, conch lesson #1, lol

Interesting! The only fresh conch I've had was cracked out.
Sounds bout like cooking calamari, either cook it quick or long...there's no in between. :grin:
Thanks for the info!:cool:

Jen i guess i'm the only one who does not know wha conch meat is.... so tell me please..... all i know is the chowder looks divine and i would most definitely kill a bowl or 2 or 3 of it....

Back