THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
I jumped through the hoops to sign up. Called in at 7:00pm and after 20 minutes they went in to Executive session so MMA could tell them some secret stuff. I'm sitting here waiting for an email to tell me I can call in again after the Exec Session is over. It's been close to an hour.
Not very user friendly.
I did get to hear a member talk about his skills as a programmer and willingness to help and when he was done they just moved on without even talking to him.

I gave up after two hours. They were obsessing over mind numbing little things and had a lot left to cover. No committee ever seems to bring a well thought out idea/motion to the board so when a topic is brought up everybody drops their two cents in and it goes on for ever.

Why not have the respect and courtesy to have all the secret stuff at the very end? This way anyone could listen in up until that point, be asked to leave, then the listening audience could carry on with life. Sorry Dr. BBQ, you will never get the hour back that you waited. I am certain that with some newly elected BODs this will be an issue of the past. I do appreciate you taking the initiative to listen in at all. Thanks

hmmm. Marketing gave them a taste of big corporate money. It's like calling AT&T to complain about service. Their big time now, your voice volume went from 10 to a 2!

I'm still puzzled as to why a member can't just go to the members' section of KCBS.us , log in and have an audio only feed come to his computer. Must be some type of legal mumbo-jumbo that I'm not aware of.

Because it would take an hour or so of setup for someone with a little knowledge about audiostreaming and services like stream.us

The agenda seemed to indicate that they were going to be a rib sponsor. I would appreciate if they would publish the details of this soon, as I have my own rib sponsor and would like to know about any conflicts sooner than later.

dmp

Smithfield will sponsor ToY ribs in 2012. Doesn't require cooking Smithfield ribs, though there's some talk of Smithfield rib side contests in some areas where Smithfield has a market.

Closed session was not at the end because all the business dealt with marketing issues. Meeting lasted 3.5 hours including closed session (about 1 hour).

Candy Sue - thanks for your dedication and hard work with a difficult job - herding
cats comes to mind.

It is another one of those situations that no matter what you do, someone will be unhappy.

Hats off to you.:clap2::bow:

Thank you Candy. As far as you know, will there be any prohibition from showing other rib sponsor "colors" at any events in 2012?

dmp

Thank you Candy. As far as you know, will there be any prohibition from showing other rib sponsor "colors" at any events in 2012?

dmp

Who knows? That's more a local contest sponsor issue than anything else, in my opinion. How many times I took a big sheet of black plastic to cover up my trailer graphics in case it proved to be necessary. Only time I came close to having to use it was at a Big BBQ Company sponsored contest. They tucked me away in a corner where graphics weren't seen so it wasn't an issue.

Back