First overnight Porkbutt on UDS

Toploader

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I found a 2 pack at Smart and Final so I thought I would try an overnight cook with the bigger one. Threw it on minutes ago just before 10pm with an almost full load of lump.
Did a simple rub and tossed it on and left it for the drum gods to look after it.
Here are a couple before pics, I will post up tomorrow on the turn out. Wish me luck!

She takes up some grill space.

good luck! hell no luck it is all skill. have fun. try not to loose sleep thinking about how jucie and flavorfull it will be.

Good luck. Run it low 200's or it will be donne before 6

Don't worry, the drum gods are extremely forgiving. Watch that lump for steady temps, and seriously, it won't take as long as you think.

Ok ok im up....still no coffee but here she is. This was about 13lbs and boneless I forgot to mention earlier it looks thin in the pics but was a big hunk of meat.
6 am barrel temp 200

some shreddin

all toasty inside I can live with that

one more

look super tasty! i can't wait to a few more this weekend the 3 i cooked saturday got eaten up/ given away already!

Looks great! Overnighers are the best...set-it and forget-it...better than Ronco ever thought!

BTW...where is RWC, Ca. ?

Thanks brothers...wow im gonna have to do these up more often. It actually turned out better than expected. I was ready to wake up to a lump of coal on the grill. The gods must of liked the swine sacrifice:mrgreen:

Butts are on sale for 78 cents a pound here, so I had to buy more. I have 6 to do. Hope they turn out as good as yours did!

Nice job Toploader, that looks like a great old pile of pulled pork goodness.

Back