Where do you buy your meat?

J

Jalapeno

Alright brethren,

We all want to find that perfect cut of meat. Where do you go to get your meat? Personally, I have had good luck getting mine from Sam's.

Jalapeno

There's a poll?
Meat - I get from my butchers - Brennen's or Meats Supreme. Or from Stop and Shop, Costco or Restaurant Depot. Sausage comes from ravioli king and ravioli comes from pastsosa's.

I get mine from a local grocery (sp) chain. It locates it's stores in smaller towns and has good cuts at reasonable prices.

I just scored a Restaurant Depot membership. Other than that Costco and Smart & Final mainly. There's a great butcher but I only buy occasional steaks there, 2 rib-eyes end up being $35 or so. I work in Santa Ana (90% Hispanic) so I hit a few Carnicerías, they have all sorts of marinated meats for grilling. I hit the Korean market for the marinated short ribs every once in a while.

I get mine from Storks butcher shop in Oakdale, NY. They are able to get me a "Packer's Cut" on the brisket so I can do the trimming myself. I have not been able to find a "Packer's Cut" at Sams, Costco etc. so I simply buy all the meat at the butcher out of convienence.

I've found some really good briskets at Sam's lately- and their butts have been just fine, too. Most of my meat comes from the local grocery store. They've got a pretty good meat dept. I bought butts from a butcher once, but couldn't really tell any difference, to be honest.

I get my meat from Restaurant Depot , Sam's Club and Costco.

i get mine at costco and pathmark. got two butts cryovacked at stop and shop once but had to throw them away because of the foul odor.
phil

Smart & Final, Food4Less, every little store on the corner. Depends on what I looking for. I once wpent 1 day driving around trying to get 2 slabs of ribs at a good price. Wound up going back to the 1st store and buying some there. The wife just seems to be able to smell a sale, so I ride along with her a lot of the time.

Sam's and GFS for most of our meat. Albertson's, Publix, Kash & Karry - depending on what I'm looking for.

Sam's Club or Albertson's.

I like your avatar, RoknRandy. That would be great to mount over a pit!

Meijers, mostly, but ribs from Sam's. Haven't tried GFS yet...

I get most of my meats from my local butcher,Brown's Butcher Shop.Plus,I can get all my other supplies there.Next, another meat market,Sunny Dale Meats.You can also get your supplies there.Then,Eastside Meats in the next town over.I just like the personal and specialty service from the smaller shops.You know the whole support the little man kinda thing.When those options don't pan out there's always Sam's or Super Wally.

Willy T.

I made it a point to get to know 2 butchers in my area. I let them know what I was doing and what I was looking for. I also give them plenty of notice so that they can order to my specifications and they pick the best of what they have for me. So far I have gotten some really good product. Ribs are an exception to this rule. I shop around for them. Sometimes Sam's sometimes Hyvee.

Usually a local gracer , like Brookshire's or Kroger's. Sometimes get meat at Sam's.

Favorite place for meat is Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster, TX (Between Gainesville and Wichita Falls) on Hiway 82. I hunt about 20 miles from there & they have great meat, especially sausages of all types. Also, do a great job processing wild game.

http://www.fischersmeatmarket.com/meatmarket.htm

Back