Pork Butt cook

BRBBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I decided to cook this 8.58lb butt which cost $1.44 per/lb. I rubbed it down the night before and at 7:30 am the next day I started the smoker. Since I dont own a Guru, Stoker, or IQ110 yet, I use the redneck fan (wifes hair dryer) :becky: When the 175/F is reached I open the ball valve and let it take over. I took the cooker up to 235/F as in the PIC, but back down to 230/F after meat was added. For the fuel I used Western Brand RO Lump and peach wood for smoke. The butt was never foiled, spritzed, or watered down in any way, it cooked all natural at a constant temp of 230/F, I did flip and rotated the meat a few times, but never foiled during the cook. Once the butt reached 195/F, I removed it from the cooker and double wrapped with foil and a towel, it sat around resting for more than 1hr. The $2.50 pair of PVC gloves I bought from HomeDepot worked good in pulling the meat apart, and it just fell apart:thumb: No need for a knife. The butt was juicy and tender, I never had a cooker break down the meat like my Stumps cooker, Super:thumb:
zsdtregfd11111002.jpg

00111.jpg

0028.jpg

0037.jpg

0042.jpg

0062.jpg

That's some nice meat. Pile some on a sammie with some slaw. Yum!.
I agree that the Stumps does do a great job in getting meat tender.

That's some nice meat. Pile some on a sammie with some slaw. Yum!.
I agree that the Stumps does do a great job in getting meat tender.
Dang, I did forget the slaw:doh: Thanks for reminding me:thumb:

Back