grape vine wood???

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Has anyone used grape vine wood for smoking? I have an abundant supply here and want to try it. Comments and your thoughts are welcomed.

Jed

It's used allot in Mediterranean countries for grilling. Lamb/Chev skewered on a rosemary sprig and grilled over a grape vine fire drizzled with good garlic,oregano lemon peal infused olive oil is a wonderful thing.:tongue:

It's used allot in Mediterranean countries for grilling. Lamb/Chev skewered on a rosemary sprig and grilled over a grape vine fire drizzled with good garlic,oregano lemon peal infused olive oil is a wonderful thing.:tongue:
Thank you, the coals are heating up now, it's time to give it a whirl

Less is more, imho.

^^^^
Yes and Yes

I've used it for grilling and it's excellent. Burns real hot. It tends to burn fast though but def keep us posted as I've never tried it for smoking.

I have a grapevine in my backyard.
I still have not tried it.
Looking foreword to hearing how you like it.

I grilled escargo gnd hanger steak on it tonight and it was delicious. Cooked very hot and fast. Couldn't smoke with it as I didnt have a smoker to use. I think it would work though.
Jed

I use grape vine pellets when making my Saveloy and Bacon.
nice and gentle.

Back