Weekend Cook- Homemade Brats, brisket, chix with lots of Pron!!

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This weekend, my buddy "BuTTs-N- GuTTs", came over and we cooked up a couple of things, First on the menu was homemade brats. We started out with a Uncle Buck's Package, from the local Bass Pro shop.
brats1-2.jpg

Used about 13#'s of ground pork butt and 2.5#'s pork fat, into the mix with the seasoning and a little green onion, to make it my own. Let the meat sit over night, in the ice box.
brats3-1.jpg

Soaked the casings in the morning about 1 hour prior to stuffing...
brats2.jpg

Had to use the old 3# stuffer, after trying to using my Kitchen Aid Mixer, with the grinder and sausage attachment. It was just to slow and not doing the job. The stuffer was just a bit better, but seriously has planted the idea of upgrading to a better stuffer, if I continue to make more sausage.
brats4-1.jpg

These were the first couple of links...
brats5-1.jpg

The finished links....
brats6-1.jpg

The remaining mix went to 3 patties, on the cast iron skillet with canola oil, to taste the seasoning and it was very good.
Threw some links on the UDS, with apple wood chips...
brats8-1.jpg

Also did a 6# flat injected with BBQBUTCHER'S Marinade, I know, I know, I scored too deep! :sad:
brisk1-1.jpg

Brisket on the UDS...
brisk2-1.jpg

And got 24 drumsticks, on the Weber pushed the coals to one side and put them on the cool new racks that everyone is using, on this forum.
chix-1.jpg

Invited a few of the neighbors, about 12 people, had some ice cold beer, brats, brisket, chicken, hot dogs and burgers. Did I mention, my neighbors love me? :-D
No finished product pics, cause the crowd was hungry and the cooks were too busy serving up the the food, that no one thought of taking pics at the end. What can I say? It partially happened....

Last edited:
OMG I'm hungry now! ugghhh... Looks great though! :biggrin:

I think my next try will be to make Colombian Chorizo, just need to find a good recipe. Any suggestions.

Back