How Long Should I smoke a 20 lb Beast of a Brisket??

imgo

Thanks a lot Mowin. I was really unsure how this one would turn out. I am always a bit nervous when it is time to cut open the brisket but more so on this one due to its size and the fact that it was touch the inside walls of my smoker which I was scared would cause the ends to dry out. Plus I took a gamble on cooking fat side down which was a first for me . My smoker heats from the bottom up so I theorized that it could benefit from having the insulating fat down so not to dry out the non fat cap side. Whatever the reason tt turned out great. Exceeded my execpectations. I appreciate yours and everyones else insight on this one!

Thanks a lot Mowin. I was really unsure how this one would turn out. I am always a bit nervous when it is time to cut open the brisket but more so on this one due to its size and the fact that it was touch the inside walls of my smoker which I was scared would cause the ends to dry out. Plus I took a gamble on cooking fat side down which was a first for me . My smoker heats from the bottom up so I theorized that it could benefit from having the insulating fat down so not to dry out the non fat cap side. Whatever the reason tt turned out great. Exceeded my execpectations. I appreciate yours and everyones else insight on this one!

Glad I could help. I only cook fat side down on the pellet grill as the heat tends to be concentrated closer to the heat diffuser. I've done dozens of briskets on the pellet grill. If also cooked dozens on the stick burner from start to finish.
I've figured out starting on the pellet grill, and finishing on the SB, didn't effect the time or quality.

Back