Packaging Pulled Pork for the masses! ?

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I normally have a list of people that want pulled pork. When I get enough for eight and have time I do the cook. With that said I have been know to do quite a bit more on occasion. My problem is the packaging of each butt pulled. Man it becomes cumbersome Vac sacking with a food saver. I had ideas of aluminum half pans with the aluminum crimp tops, Gallon ziplocks and 5lb meat tubes. Any other suggestions to make life easier without buying real expensive equipment? Remember these are pre sold and usually delivered or picked up the day of the cook. Thanks

I can't think of any way better than vac-seal. It can be a time consuming, but if you get the big bags you can do the whole butt in one bag. If they are picking it up same day or a day later, alluminum half pans are good enough for them to travel with. Let them vac-seal it themselves.

Buy one 1 lb. - 3 lb. containers with lids.
Restuarant Depot.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

We have gone with just the 1 gallon bags, and suck out the extra air with a straw. If I am going to freeze before delivery, I then use the vacuum sealer.

Ashmont, got the batteries, thanks. They should keep my super duper fast red hot Red Thermopen goin' for a long while. And just curious, how much do you charge your list of people when they want pulled pork. Sounds like a good idea to me and makes the cook worthwhile.

Back