introduction

Headhunter

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Rob, I live in FL, an am avid amateur cook of all kinds but especially outdoor cooks. Currently using a Traeger Pro22 and Traeger Ranger.

Here is my most recent cook, a reverse seared 55 day dry aged prime NY strip (bought from local market, haven't dry aged myself yet). Topped with smoked garlic butter.

Looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing some creations of my own.

Attachments

• IMG_6528.jpg
    IMG_6528.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6529.jpg
    IMG_6529.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 53
Welcome neighbor , come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Looks tasty! Welcome to the forum.

Nice way to introduce yourself. Welcome to the brethren and looking forward to seeing more pics of the things you learn here. We are all willing to share, so don't be shy about asking.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona. Delicious looking plate, thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome from SC, Rob. It’s really good to have you here on this great site. That steak looks awesome and the corn too.

Welcome to the Brethren! Killer cook! Is the sear portion of that done on your Traeger? If yes, are you using cast iron?

Welcome to the Brethren! Killer cook! Is the sear portion of that done on your Traeger? If yes, are you using cast iron?

Yes I did it on the Traeger Ranger, seared on the cast iron insert. Drop a slice of butter on the hot cast iron, then lay it on top, quick sear on each side.

Good looking plate. Welcome to the forum, you'll be glad you found this site, guaranteed.

Thank you. Seems like a very friendly and helpful group. I've spent hours reading already and have a whole list of things I want to try on the grill, smoker and sous vide.

Welcome Rob!

That steak and corn looks awesome! Love to offshore fish in your area too.

Back