Hello from PA!

emgory

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hi.

My husband and I currently live in Washington Crossing, PA where Washington crossed the Delaware. We have a large Green Egg (4 years) and a MeadowCreek BX50 (3 years.) We are replacing BX50 with an XL BGE (delivered next week) and a MiniMax BGE for road trips. My husband is the cook and I am the social media representative.:wink:

Our favorite things to eat from the smoker: Ribs (wonderful in the BGE, but amazing in the BX50), chicken, wings, pizza, filet roast, NY Strips, and Ribeyes! Wegmans has dry aged prime that knocks our socks off!

Or plan 3 years ago was to start a ribs/chicken roadside BBQ type venture. Sadly, our county is very restrictive when it comes to these types of things, so we changed plans. (On a side note, my husband also trains thoroughbred race horses. We wound up with a nice horse that has taken much of our focus over the last 18 months.)

I've lurked around here for years reading tips and tricks, and deciding which smoker to buy when we got the BX50. So, thanks to all the members for your help.

The next things on the list are pulled pork and pastrami!!! Links appreciated!

Welcome Neighbor Love those Eggs and that BX50 is outstanding You should check out the New Holland BBQ Comp at the end of August
Check out thirdeyeys blog for Pastrami- its excellent Post questions in Q Talk You will get lots of replies

Thanks, Big George! We'd love to go to competitions, but the horses have us too busy. We start at the barn at sunrise and finish in the late afternoon. We drove out to NewHolland on Saturday to pick up some horseshoes and stumbled upon MeadowCreek's Eggfest, so that was a lucky break.

I'd love to see my husband's results in a rib contest. We once had a guy from St Louis tell us that they were "roadside worthy!"

I'll check out the pastrami recipe. Haven't had good pastrami since my grandparents moved out of north jersey 25+ years ago.

Welcome,
Interesting life with race horses, I venture to horse country a few times a year , truly interesting.
I have been looking at a meadowcreek cooker for chicken, I enjoyed reading about your experience.
If you are near that area there is a company that has some of the best brown sugars, molasses etc. I am not sure who does what as it is all owned by the same people but it is Zook molasses, L&S Sweetners and Good Food. I have used products from their and they are phenomonal.
Enjoy your time here and keep sharing

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome aboard emgory, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here. I wasn't aware that Wegmans had dry aged steaks, thanks for the heads up.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back