Ft. Hood Sept. 26-27, 2007

texanx5

Found some matches.
In case you are not aware Del, with OperationBBQ is planning a show of support for our Troops at Ft. Hood, TX. Here are a few sites that have some information about this OperationBBQ event.

http://operationbbq.com/

and here is one with photos from some past events, http://www.bbqdan.com/events/operati...ops/index.html.

This will be a very tiring event but should also be a very rewarding way to show support to our troops.

If you can help providing support of set up, maintaining serving lines, even loading and unloading smokers, pulling pork or slicing brisket please send your name and address to Del as per the note in links above so you can get on the approved list to get on base.

He has food and smokers lined up but short on support personnel so far please help if you can so this is a successful event.

Thank you, Dewayne

I wish I could get there. I spent three glorious years at Ft. Hood (76 - 79). I'd love to go back and help the Troops.

I'll check out the web links and if there is a way to help financially I will do so.

I'm sure the organization will welcome financial assistance also. There is another cook next week I think at Walter Reed. I'm trying to help set one up at Camp Shelby, MS also for later in the year.

Send Del a note at e-mail address bbqforourtroops@cs.com.:-D

Hey Texan thanks for the info, and thanks for what you do for them. I know for a fact this is something near and dear to Bently. I hope to help out at one of these events one day at 29 palms or Pendleton one of the these days.
Anyways...

Who doesn't need help with something like this right?

I'm looking forward to this event, it is according to mapquest about 900 miles each way for me so I'm taking off that week and making a short vacation with it, just me and the smoker for kids are in school and wife will have to stay with them, and work to help pay that fuel bill. My folks all still live in Texas so I'll stay there for a few days and visit. I am thinking from them it is only about six hours or so on down to the event.

Thanks for the kind words Hoping to see a number of you all their.

Time is getting near! I'm excited as I know some of you are also.

Here is an update for Del at OperationBBQ.

For those that are coming to Fort Hood It is getting close. We have everything needed to make this a great BBQ. Good people and great cooks. I am looking forward to meeting most of you. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them. Our menu is going to be 4,000 lbs of brisket, 2000 lbs of pork butt, 300 lbs of sausage. beans, potato salad, cole slaw. Blue Bell Ice Cream is bringing out a truck full of Ice Cream to give out. It is going to be great for all that can come. Thanks again for all that you have done and are about to do. If you are coming and not sent your info please do so you can get on base to help. Please advise Del at bbqforourtroops@cs.com

Fark!!! I spent four glorious years :lol: at Hood, wish I could help. I'll be thinking about you all though.

Mom lives in Killeen but at 84 years young not quite gonna be there to help.
I will talk it up with some cousins and assorted nephs and neeces several times removed to see if I can drum up some help.
Good luck all around on the effort, sure it will be good.

Back