THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big slick

is one Smokin' Farker
I want to stuff and smoke a pork loin. I was leaning to apples since pork and apples go together so well. Has anyone ever stuffed a pork loin or any cut of pork before and then smoked it? Anyone willing to share any stuffing recipes with me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Both are interesting. I found a couple of recipes online but they were for baking so I don't know how they would pair with BBQ dry rub and smokey flavors.

Stuffed, smoke pork loin is deffinately good stuff. I've used apples and stuffing before but i've also used cream cheese, shrimp, and rub all mixed together then stuffed in the loin and dusted w/more rub. You can add some peppers or chives if you'd like to add to the flavor. It sounds a little odd but it really good. 1 package cream cheese room temp, 1-1 1/2lbs precooked shrimp cut up, and mix anything else all together then stuff it, tie it, rub it, and cook it. Just be careful because as the cream cheese warms it wants to leak out so use a pan under it.

I stuff with hard salami, baby spinach and pepper jack cheese.

After I slice the loin, I soak in Kosmos Pork Soak for at least 2 hours, pat it dry then put a heavy dose of Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub, load in the stuffing, roll it up, tie it with butchers twine and then another coating of Pecan Rub and onto the smoker at 225 F. I pull when internal temp is at 140, wrap it, rest it, and slice after resting for about an hour.

The colors and flavors blend really well and the presentation is nice too!
SL375637.JPG

stuffed one with chorizo and jalepenos...mmmmm good!!!! thanks for reminding me I have some frozen I am going to thaw out for dinner tonite!!!:eusa_clap

Did one a couple months back stuffed with italian sausage, mushrooms, and spinach. I would have added goat cheese too, but we couldn't fit anymore in!

StoveTop stuffing mix, whole berry cranberry sauce and chopped apple. Slice and add brown gravy. Yum! Let us know what you decide.

Pork loin is just so lean, it really needs something fatty to help carry that flavor, imho.

I stuff with a mix of pepper jack cheese (have been contemplating trying a very sharp cheddar as well) and sliced cubes of pepperoni.

The flavor is top notch, but I sometimes have problems with presentation. As the loin tightens up, the cheese/oil from the pepperoni need somewhere to go, and loin isn't exactly the most porous meat on the planet. I usually make "weep holes" on the top, so the oil comes out, and mixes with the rub, hardening up into flavorful stripes on the exterior. I haven't tried a looser roll, with some space in there for the sauce to collect, but that might not be much better.

D

Back