Show your BBQ Area

I like the nice clean look of your setup/layout.

Finally got all my cookers in place on the new patio.

nKAlTayl.jpg

Been putting a bunch of work into this lately. I can't find the 'before' pictures, I think she was the one that might have taken those.. The back yard previously just had a stick burner fire pit, and a few gardens. She has moved all of the plants that were along the the house, and pulled out all the brick borders. We also had to redo part of the fence and added a set of precast steps to make it easier to get to the cookers. A few weeks back, we moved down the gas fire pit. This weekend we picked out edging, and tonight the rock was delivered. Next I need to paint the foundation again...

Last edited:
I hope that all those trees do not interfere with the air flow for LSG vertical offset! :razz:

Congrats on the new cooking area!

This spot turned out pretty optimal because the wind at my house always seems to be blowing 15 miles an hour although the LSG is one of the few offsets I've used that doesn't seem to care what the weather or wind is doing. It just does it thing.

I like the nice clean look of your setup/layout.

Thanks! This has been a long time coming. Glad to finally have a place for everything to live in an organized fashion. Need to pick up one more bbq mat and I should be all set.

For those of you with metal roofing; is it loud when it rains?

Yes, it can get pretty loud during a hard rain. But it is still better, than you, your food, and your cooker getting wet. I haven't looked into it, because it doesn't bother me that much. But if noise is a problem, you might be able to insulate the underneath with noise canceling material.

Yes, it can get pretty loud during a hard rain. But it is still better, than you, your food, and your cooker getting wet. I haven't looked into it, because it doesn't bother me that much. But if noise is a problem, you might be able to insulate the underneath with noise canceling material.

Good to know! Thanks for the input. My planned area would be right outside our bedroom window, and it would probably drive my wife nuts. Shingled roof it is.

Good to know! Thanks for the input. My planned area would be right outside our bedroom window, and it would probably drive my wife nuts. Shingled roof it is.

Just to add, it is still louder than a shingled roof. But unless you are standing under the roof, it isn't that bad. Mine is off my kitchen, and I can hear it inside, but the real noise is from standing under it. I would probably rather have the shingles, if it were going to be next to my bedroom window, but if it were, I don't think it would stop me from sleeping.

I have a metal roof over my patio next my bedroom. It is louder during heavy rain but I sleep through it. However it can wake my wife.

Man, that backyard fireplace is exactly what I want to build in the backyard next to my pool area. Did you build it yourself or have someone do it? I'm from Dublin/Powell originally, but now in Bowie, MD.

Man, that backyard fireplace is exactly what I want to build in the backyard next to my pool area. Did you build it yourself or have someone do it? I'm from Dublin/Powell originally, but now in Bowie, MD.

Nice - I did it myself last summer. Happy with how it turned out and wasn't as hard as I envisioned..

Beautiful. Maybe one day I will see it.

Did you build it of brick then skin with stone?

Back