Lets try it here.... Grad party help

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
My stepdaughter graduates in a week or so. We are having a party at a park for her and am expecting 100 to 125 people. I have the amount of meat down. We are serving pulled pork, which I am going to prepare ahead of time and vac seal and freeze and then reheat on site.
Here's my question. The second meat is going to be sliced pork loin that I am going to smoke and slice on site. What is the best way to hold the sliced pork loin? I figured I would put in pans and keep in chafers or drop the temp way down and keep in smoker. I dont know what kind of juice or broth to keep them in or if you guys have a better way I am all ears.

Thanks,

Ken

I would slice the pork and shingle it in a pan with a little apple juice/water mixture and keep it on the chafer. Add some parsley sprigs and maybe some browned glazed apple slices for decoration. If you slice it as you serve it, it will dry out and get cold.

The broth can add flavor.

I'd go with something rather mild like diluted, low sodium chicken broth with maybe a splash of juice. You'll definitely want to wrap it.

Back