Tortilla Press

NoOne

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone seen this cat from Chuds BBQ? His pits look like crap, he’s a little over the top with his videos but I don’t mind how he cooks. But have you seen the Tortilla Press/Griddle the dude made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcLaFYsBY8A

It is freaking genius and I want one bad. Check that, I want one for inside and one for the grill outside.

Has anyone ever see anything like this/know where I can get one or do I have to find a fabricator?

Yeah he mentions in his video he got the idea from Flores Tortillas. While Chuds is cool and I want one to go on my Shirley Firebox the one at Flores is Amazing. The whole contraption is made just for tortillas and wood fueled. I found a video on their instagram. link below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEKA5jnBMqv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
I wonder if a regular cast iron tortilla press would work like that just putting it on a grill

I'm digging his prep table with side burners.

This looks great, but got me thinking.......My waffle iron allows the plates to be flipped for use as a griddle/panini press. I havent looked (or ever tried) to see if it closes without gap to press tortillas, but I think it does. If so, that would work simillary and provide good temp control.

I would pay good money for that press. I think he missing an big opportunity if he doesn't pursue manufacturing it for sale to consumers. Search tortilla presses on Google and they are all sub par to what they use in Mexico.

Great idea for sure.

I've been watching his videos over the past month or so, and I've enjoyed them. He's definitely high energy but has some great tips along the way, so I'd much rather watch that then someone monotonous.

Nice press, great idea.

Taco police::mod:
Tacos require corn tortillas

I encourage you to watch Taco Chronicles on Netflix. Besides being a great series you will find out that the taco police are mistaken in this instance. :razz:

I,m making one, be perfect for our Flatbreads

I encourage you to watch Taco Chronicles on Netflix. Besides being a great series you will find out that the taco police are mistaken in this instance. :razz:

Born and raised in so. cal. in the 50' - 60's. Must have eaten 1000sands of tacos. Been all over Baja California, eaten another 1000 tacos**. Screw Netflix, tacos are corn torts. Goes back to the Mayan's and Aztecs.

I will check out Taco Chronicles, thanks!

** A lot of other good eats goin' down the road in Baja. Highly recommend the ceviche tostadas. Don't get me started on tamales, food of the Americas south of the 30th parallel.

Oh Oh, Titch has an idea.

Poll:
-Ends badly
-Ends goodly
-Nobel prize awarded
-Ptomaine
-Everyone gets nekid and smokes a fatty
-Bruce shuts up and take his drunk @ss to bed
-World peace
-Other

Thats an idea:loco:

Here is my thought from 1 solid plate, using the flattop as the bottom plate of the press.

Cut out a U shape as the base and the inner part of the U would be the top of press. All you would need to do is weld hinges on the bottom of the U and the press plate and a pressing handle at the top. You would need to elevate the hinge and plate just a bit to leave some space for the dough, but you wouldn’t need much. Now you have a hinged press plate you can place on your flattop that can be removed.

I’ll want one like Chud built, but it could be done as a flattop accessory.

Nice press, great idea.

Tacos require corn tortillas

Haha. So true, but I've learned if you put rules on food you'll miss out on some great food.

Back