BBQ in the Bluffs / Council Bluffs, Ia. Info..

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anybody got any infomation about this contest? I've sent emails, my brother has sent emails and we know another team that hasn't heard anything back either.

Does anybody have this years' form they could send me? Or a phone number of a contact?

Thanks

Same experience here as everyone else. Its on KCBS.us, so they have paid sanctioning fees, so I am sure it is going to happen...maybe....

They only had 22 teams last year. Looks like they might get more interest this year?

Looked like they had a new contact for the contest this year. Good luck over there those of you going.

Happy days all. Spring done sprung. Saw my first red belly yesterday.
Smoke on my brothers!!
Ed
ModelMaker

No replies from me either...although they probably don't want me back...

About a week ago I talked to the guy running it, he was having medical issues and was thinking about getting someone else to run the show. Maybe he's back on track.

I haven't gotten a respond to my email. I put in a call today. If I don't hear anything then we're going to Austin instead!

Sent in my app today.

I'll be honest - I'm only going to go because some good farkers are going too - but from what I have experienced with the organizers I think we'll all regret it. I think we should all bring generators and water! :crazy::pray:

I've wanted to compete for over a year, I just haven't had the courage to pull the trigger. Well, I'm finally gonna give it a whirl. I sent my app in for this contest today. :shocked:

Like some of the others that have commented on this thread I have been unable to reach any of the event organizers by phone or email. I'm not even sure if there's any spots available. I sure hope that I'm in. Now that I've committed I'm getting excited at the prospect of getting to compete. This weekend I'll be doing a full practice run. I look forward to meeting my fellow Brethren that will be at this event. My brother Dennis, Trucky9754, will be a team member and garyk1398 says he'll be showing up to help as well. Wish us luck!

I sent my application today too. First time competing in a KCBS event. Look forward to meeting the other teams. Anybody out there willing to help out a newby?

I've wanted to compete for over a year, I just haven't had the courage to pull the trigger. Well, I'm finally gonna give it a whirl. I sent my app in for this contest today. :shocked:

Like some of the others that have commented on this thread I have been unable to reach any of the event organizers by phone or email. I'm not even sure if there's any spots available. I sure hope that I'm in. Now that I've committed I'm getting excited at the prospect of getting to compete. This weekend I'll be doing a full practice run. I look forward to meeting my fellow Brethren that will be at this event. My brother Dennis, Trucky9754, will be a team member and garyk1398 says he'll be showing up to help as well. Wish us luck!

I sent my application today too. First time competing in a KCBS event. Look forward to meeting the other teams. Anybody out there willing to help out a newby?

If you guys need anything, just ask a brother.

Back