Pork Loins

S

SmokeyMole

I've been lurking in the shadows since I joined up with the Brethren. I haven't been posting, but I've been studying up on smokin' and Q'n thanks to many of you. This weekend was my 4th round of using my GSM Vertical smoker. Tried my hand at 2 Pork Loins using 3-2-1 method as I have done on my ribs. (Gerbes-Kroger had them on sale buy one get one free) BellyBro has been coaching me on rubs, temps and the like. So far so good.

The proof is in the finished product. Brought part of the loin into work today for his feedback. Got a big thumbs up from him and he ought to know what's good. I tried something a bit different for me. When I foiled the Loins, I poured about 4 oz. of mixed berry juice in with the pig and added some additional Head Country rub before putting them back in the heat.

Smoked this batch with Apple wood and dumped the remaining 8 oz. of berry juice in the water pan with some fresh water for the last hour. I like the result of that. Refrigerated after done, sliced both up and packed away in the freezer for those days of withdrawal when there is not time to smoke up a good meal.

Thanks for all the tips and advice on the posts!

I can attest it was very good!

Go to Cattle call and introduce yourself.

FYI SmokeyMole is my boss at work and also a good friend. He has gooten into smoking after listening to me about our various comps and bringing in samples. He his well on his way to quality Q.

He bought a small smokey mountain vertical from Lowe's I believe and is off and running.

Smokey, check the recipe section, pork recipes, for the pork loin.

It sounds like you unwrapped (3-2-1 you mentioned)

Try doing the pork loin by the temps in the recipe, keep in the foil and cooler it.

I opened the cooler after 2 hours last night to a pork loin sitting in an inch of juice.

Good sheet, and Welcome!!

I opened the cooler after 2 hours last night to a pork loin sitting in an inch of juice.
Slice thin, then pour juice over the slices! Pork loin is just short of brisket on my list of favorite Q food.

Ok, I just got done with breakfast and now I am hungry once again. =)

He bought a small smokey mountain vertical from Lowe's I believe
That's two of us.

Back