Jimmy Dean Italian

Brauma

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Has anyone made a fatty with Jimmy Dean Italian? We bought a roll and cooked it up for breakfast patties on our last camping trip. But it just didnt go over well for breakfast.

I was wondering how they might do as a fatty.

Ive made a couple of the italian fatties and will purposely avoid them now. All the other flavors, bold, hot, mild, etc, seem to go over better. Nothing wrong with the italian, just prefer the other flavors over that one.

I like it. Throw some on top of pasta and sauce, Yum. I havent had a fattie yet that didnt deseve to be eaten.

Dale, I did that same thing last night. I usually prefer the maple-flavored sausage for fatties. I have more luck finding that in Owens around here. I did a few fatties last time I had the cooker going and threw a Jimmy Dean Italian one just out of curiosity. It was okay, but didn't measure up to the maple IMHO. Last night the Italian one got chopped up and thrown in with a pot of pasta and marinara. It was great for that purpose.

Just as a smoked fattie, though, I prefer other flavors to the Italian.

Has anyone made a fatty with Jimmy Dean Italian? We bought a roll and cooked it up for breakfast patties on our last camping trip. But it just didnt go over well for breakfast.

I was wondering how they might do as a fatty.

Not my favorite however, if you roll it around in (Brauma) garlic and crushed red pepper first it does add to the flovor.

Doing a couple of my italian style fatties today! I stuff it with sauteed onion and green peppers and mozzarella cheese............good stuff, will post pic's later!:cool:

I use Jimmy Dean if its on sale- I can never find maple, though. Owens is better IMO, but JD isn't bad sausage.

On preview: ditto what Keri said :)

I used it and it was ok. I still prefer to buy JV and remove from casing. Seems to have a better flavor.

Back