A Little Butt and Some BBQ Beans

R

Rusty_Barton

I made a 4-lb pork butt yesterday in the WSM for just the wife and me. I used the Renouned Mr. Brown recipe. Since the butt was so small I cut all of the
recipe ingredients in half. That left the pepper at full strength. After chopping up the butt, the spice seemed just right to me and my wife. I had put the 4-pound butt on at 10am yesterday and expected it to be done by dinner. It wasn't. It took until 7pm to finish (10 hours at 250F). I also made a 1/2 sop recipe and used that about every 2 hours. The butt was darrrrnnnn gooooood!

I made these bbq beans to go on the side.

Applesauce BBQ Beans

1 (15-oz) can White Kidney beans, undrained
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup onions, diced
1 Tbs crumbled bacon bits
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp barbecue rub

Mix together in saucepan. Simmer 15-minutes,
stir occasionally.

Butts and beans seem to go together. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a 4-lb pork butt yesterday in the WSM for just the wife and me. I used the Renouned Mr. Brown recipe. Since the butt was so small I cut all of the
recipe ingredients in half. That left the pepper at full strength. After chopping up the butt, the spice seemed just right to me and my wife. I had put the 4-pound butt on at 10am yesterday and expected it to be done by dinner. It wasn't. It took until 7pm to finish (10 hours at 250F). I also made a 1/2 sop recipe and used that about every 2 hours. The butt was darrrrnnnn gooooood!

I made these bbq beans to go on the side.

Applesauce BBQ Beans

1 (15-oz) can White Kidney beans, undrained
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 onions, diced
1 Tbs crumbled bacon bits
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp barbecue rub

Mix together in saucepan. Simmer 15-minutes,
stir occasionally.

Butts and beans seem to go together. :-D

That rub recipe remains my favorite. I love it. I'll have to give these beans a whirl today.

Back