Beard on Food

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I just finished James Beard's book, "Beard on Food."

Anyone else read it? What a fantastic book? I know it's been around for quite some time, but I just got a copy.

This book should be required reading for anyone interested in cooking.

Thoughts?

Your title almost made me vomit in my mouth!:eek:
That topping was not my #1 go to topping for pizza!:biggrin:
Sorry but I have not read it. I may have a go at it soon.

James Beard goes alongside Julia Child, he helped give American cooking an "identity". i bet he would love what we do here.

Maybe I should read that.

Definitely a "must read". I am a big fan of James Beard and have read most, if not all his books.
He, Julia Child, and Craig Claiborne WERE the triumvirate that shaped the identity of American Cooking.

I read BEARD ON FOOD long ago and passed my copy along to someone else. I did not know it had been reprinted. I need to re-read it.

One of my other favorites of his is THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF GOOD COOKING.

Originally published in 1977, it is a technique book, based on his cooking classes, and he goes through the various cooking methods and gets real hands-on.

Thanks for bringing this up, Larry

Forgot all about Craig Claiborne!
I have a neat Craig Claiborne book-Craig Claiborne's Memorable Meals.
If you ever see it, its worth a read.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought Amanda Beard but then I saw it was in Qtalk :cry:

Then Beard On Food it is. I will go down to my used book store down the street and start raiding the food section kind of like I pilage through the meat counter at Raley's Supermarket!:shock::shock::mrgreen:

Back