As of next year

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I will be grilling my chicken. I will be basting with sauce as I cook, hoping to char it. I will no longer cook in butter or smoke it. I hate chicken and I am so frustrated that I will spend no time prepping or cooking anymore. I have tried every method and every suace and rub combo combined you can imagine and I still get horrible places.

So if I do good some how in chicken next year here is my recipe

chicken thighes squared off
mccormicks chicken rub
sweet baby rays sauce

grill chicken skin side down basting the bottom with sauce, filpp and do the same to top until it looks like its done!:icon_pissed

No more chicken tube steaks!!!!!:icon_devil

Last edited:
I prefer grilled to smoked any day! :-D
Picture026-2.jpg

Not a bad idea! I prefer grilled to smoked as well. Our chicken scores are embarrassing to the chicken.

Your a rebel!
Still think sausage should replace chicken.

You should also try boiling skinless/boneless chicken breasts in Open Pit.

I will be grilling my chicken. I will be basting with sauce as I cook, hoping to char it. I will no longer cook in butter or smoke it. I hate chicken and I am so frustrated that I will spend no time prepping or cooking anymore. I have tried every method and every suace and rub combo combined you can imagine and I still get horrible places.

So if I do good some how in chicken next year here is my recipe

chicken thighes squared off
mccormicks chicken rub
sweet baby rays sauce

grill chicken skin side down basting the bottom with sauce, filpp and do the same to top until it looks like its done!:icon_pissed

No more chicken tube steaks!!!!!:icon_devil

Don't forget to randomly throw a few pieces of lettuce in the box too. You'll get 9's for appearance

We got 2nd in chicken our very first comp
13 is the best since
Is there any openings in the He-Man-Chicken-Haters Club?

We placed 9th the first time we grilled it instead of braising and smoking. Our best finish by far, not that 9th is great.

nothing ventured nothing gained so they say. good luck :p:p

Well, I have grilled (indirect) chicken and taken a 7th place... I too hate chicken!!!

Here's what ya do, put the chicken in the smoker and forget about it. About 15 mins before turn-in, add sauce and take temp with Themopen. Panic when the you find out the chicken is not done. Take the fire pan out of the smoker, grab a fish basket, and grill your chicken. Throw in a box, slap more sauce and pray the judges get a bite that is done. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Worked for us, 2nd Place.............

Have I mentioned I HATE chicken!!!!!!!!

I hate chicken as well

2006 Grill Kings I set the smoker on fire with the chicken in it and took second place

I HATE FARKING CHICKEN....usually can be heard coming from my site numerous times throughout the weekend!!!!! wtf, why is it even a category.

stupid chicken!!!

I know a guy (GH) who practiced chicken so much last year that he had to get therapy..Im not sure he is over it yet...bad thing is this "off season" it looks like I will be joining him for consuling.

Back