Smoked Polish sausage/ CG brisket ??'s

D

Dave Russell

Mornin', everyone!:-D

I was wondering if Polish sausage (pork OR beef) was any good smoked and served with brisket. It's obviously different than the sausage served in Texas with brisket, but is either of the polish any good smoked and served with bbq, too? I wish I knew where to find some sausage that wasn't already smoked besides the Polish.:confused:

My other queastions are regarding my brisket cook on my Char-griller, as most of my briskets have been on my uds or wsm. Saturday, I'm planning on smoking a 13.5 lb. choice packer at a high enough temp that it doesn't take all day, probably around 275, and I'll reserve foiling for resting, assuming everything goes as planned.

When cooking low-n-slow under 250, I plan on an hour a pound plus two or three for resting, but what's the best guess on timing if cooking at 275, and should I cook fat cap up since it's an offset? I tend to move kind of slow on Saturday mornings and just don't want to get started too late, and that leads me to the last queastion: How hot would you dare cook a packer on a Char-griller with the upside down charcoal tray mod? Cardiac cadet told me about this mod with bricks supporting the tray, and it really works good. Not only can I smoke low-n-slow with a cleaner fire, but I can put meat almost all the way to the end of the cooker with out much difference in temp.:thumb:

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Dave
wsm, otg, ots, char-griller stickburner, uds, smokey joe

Any tried smokin' polish sausage? This is even bbq-related.:p

I should've titled this thread, "Cookies or Cornbread?":doh:

We grind, cure and smoke it frequently. Have used beef, pork and venison. It's good.

We grind, cure and smoke it frequently. Have used beef, pork and venison. It's good.

Thanks a bunch. One of these days I might start making my own as well. We had some brisket and sausage from Rudy's bbq near San Antonio last time out there, and I thought the sausage was FINE. After I said that I was informed it wasn't near as good as this other place. I'm like, @#$#, how could it get any better?! Those Texans know their bbq sausage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back