T&K Medium Reverse Flow Smoker

Winterhawk1960

Reaction score
I spoke with Todd, this evening after reading everything I could find, here and elsewhere. There aren't any complete video reviews of the pro's vs con's that I can find. The quality and visual videos really intrigue me. PLEASE, talk me into......or out of purchasing.

Life is full of tough decisions, it's between this and the 270 KC......there are pro's and con's to them both. I'm gonna place an order, within the next week....for sure.

ed1b6d99d0d57e1e996d1cd2d995aa9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd builds a quality cooker. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I can't speak to the RF as i have the GF. Tough decision. Never hear bad things about either one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

T&K looks to be solid. I really don't know anything about them.
I am a 270 owner.
My only concerns would be it can only run up to 300 according to the T&K web page. 270 can hit 400 on the newer versions. If you are running low and slow its not a concern.
If you want to bake on it ever or cook hot and fast 270 is the way to go.
270 probably can do more because of the wider operating temp range.
My suggestion is write down the pros and cons for each.
Talk to the folks at T&K and then talk to the folks at 270. Tell them what you generally want to do with it. If they both fit your needs then flip a coin.
I don't think you will be dissappointed. You might save some money on shipping with 270 Smokers. If thats a concern ask for shipping quotes.
I wish I could be of more help but both look pretty good.

I've had my T&K close to 400. It's only got 1" insulation and it's fine. Don't cook that hot very often as i like 325. Outside skin gets hotter than if you go with 2". Todd uses ceramic paint if you want it. It's supposed to be better for high temps. But like rusty said. Call the builders. They are bbq guys and will answer any questions you have. If not, find another builder. It won't get better after you buy it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back