If you aren't going to Harpoon 8/28-29...(MIM Contest)

S

SmokeInDaEye

For anyone in the Northeast who didn't make the Harpoon cut, there is a MIM/MBA sanctioned event scheduled that same weekend.

BBQ Festival at Princeton Forrestal Village will be held in Princeton, NJ July 28-29 with the professional turn-ins (you can compete in either whole hog, shoulder or ribs) on Saturday and some ancillaries on Sunday.

Grand Champion
$2,000 a trophy and a 42’ Panasonic Plasma TV

Whole Hog
1st prize $1,500
2nd prize $1,000
3rd prize $500

Pork Shoulder
1st prize $1,500
2nd prize $1,000
3rd prize $500

Pork Rib
1st prize $1,500
2nd prize $1,000
3rd prize $500

Poultry
1st prize $500
2nd prize $250
3rd prize $100

Seafood
1st prize $500
2nd prize $250
3rd prize $100

BBQ Sauce $200
Hot Sauce $200

Best T-Shirt $200
Best Booth $200

Last edited by a moderator:
Please more Info...
I sure would like to try my hand at this.

Hint--Hook up with Greg and Nancee for whole hog!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Unless Myron Mixon comes to town anyway.

TIM

Actually, Myron's the one who told me about it. He's planning to come up and compete.

Entry is $200, plus a little extra for any of the ancillary categories you may want to do Sunday.

Email Kristen kmurphy@thegalecompany.com for an application.

Dropped my check in the mail this morning. No one else wants to come and play that weekend? Princeton is only 90 minutes from Long Island and they sell beer!

I thought about going just to do ribs and chicken and drink. The smaller backyard comp we were hoping to do this summer got merged into the Yardley event so it would be nice to replace it with something like this. Maybe we could even hook up with someone who wants to concentrate on the bigger stuff.

Found this on MIM's site:

7/27-29/07
BBQ Festival at Princeton Forrestal Village Princeton, NJ
Contest Contact:
Fred Knapp
201 Rockingham Row
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-799-7400
email fknapp@thegalecompany.com
Judging Contact:
Kristen Murphy
201 Rockingham Row
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-799-7400
email kmurphy@thegalecompany.com

just spoke to Kristen and i she is e-mailing me an app
Hey Willie. If you do this one, will you do the whole deal (as in whole hog too)?
Do you have a regular (or irregular) bunch of guys you normally compete with?
Why do I have the feeling I'm setting you up to ask you out? :icon_smil

Kirk yes barfly myself and one-eyed-fred we will be doing everything so if you would like to cook with us you are more then welcome. If you would like to take care of some of the other stuff you can and for that matter anyone who would like to go down with us your more then welcome. maybe we can divide all the turn-ins amongest brethren

How much is it to enter?
Do you have to enter all categories or you can pick the ones you want? MIM is completely foreign to me, Ray

the entry fee varies by the size of the space it starts at $200 and goes up from there. no you do not have to enter all categories but you have to do whole hor shoulder and ribs to win grand champion

maybe we can divide all the turn-ins amongest brethren
Intersting..., very interesting. I have to make sure the calendar's clear before I can commit but that sounds like a lot of fun. I also want to make sure that there will be plenty of drinking and cigar smoking. If not, forget it. :-D
I thought this would be a good idea because I have no idea when I'm going to be able to make it back out to LI for a bash. This one's only about a 1/2 hr from my place so I'll definately se what I can do.

Back