Kozmos and Butchers

bottomsupbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am going to purchase a Brisket Injection this week but cannot make up my mind on which one to try. Kozmo's or Butcher's (buying both isnt in the budget) For those that have used both products what are the flavor differences between the two? Is one spicer, more or less salty,etc. than the other?

DO NOT BASH either product on this thread as I am sure both are fantastic products.
Thanks in advance to all that reply

Well, I have only used butchers marinade and prime dust. Neither are spicy at all,but I don't think they were intended to be.

I will tell you this - I have injected brisket with all sorts of stuff in varying concoctions with varying amounts of beef broth, beef au jus, bullion cubes...
I have NEVER ended up with brisket that tasted so beefy and flavorful from any of the junk I had been using! Most of the time I could hardly tell that I had injected it at all, even with letting it sit over night.

Inject with butchers let sit for a couple of hours in the fridge and rub it down! Nothing short of magic.

I'm sure the Kosmo's injection is on par and it is on my list to use, just haven't bought any yet!

Edit: Also, it does have a fair amount of salt and msg (autolyszed yeast extract) but it is a pretty good ratio if you follow the directions. If you're doing brisket for comp or wowing friends/family or catering I think you'ld be happy with the results.

best brisket ive ever made was injected with kosmos mixed with beef broth and a little jack. Ive never tried butchers, so can't comment. But kosmos left no tracks in the meat, and yielded a very moist and flavorful product.

I have used both...and both are great products. However, I do like the fact that kosmos breaks down/mixes much easier than butchers.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKoooooooooooooosmooooooooooooos!!!!!!! is the best over here!!!!I did a Deer Shank Sunday, and people are ready to start paying me Hahaha!!! Go ahead Plowboy with yo' Badd Self!!!!!

Last edited:
I would never use any type of meat enhancers personally:rolleyes:, but you may also want to consider FAB B as well, it may have been the 1st one out. I belive the idea of the commercial injections is to retain moisture more than to flavor. some day I hope to be able to afford to inject with something other then left over beer from the night before.

Good luck on your quest. I have some Kosmos and aome Butchers but haven't tried either yet. You can get a sample bag of Kosmos for under $7.00 plus shipping.

I've always been happy with my briskets but decided to try injecting them with one of the popular products to hopefully take them to the "next level." I did two briskets in two weeks, injected both and each one turned out pretty bad. Maybe it was bad luck both times. I followed the instructions and each one turned out extremely salty (used the same rub I always use). The last one was so bad that I had to put them on a Texas toast sandwich, slathered in Sweet Baby Rays and topped with extra sharp cheddar cheese just to be palatable. I'm no pro or competitor but I always made delicious, consistent briskets before so I think I'm done injecting. If it ain't broke...

Now where did I lay that 10' pole? :confused:
Your's and David's products combined have helped us land our hand's on 3 first place finishes..just got one this weekend!..thank's to the both of you for putting such excellent products out to the masses!

Bovine bold and Kosmos gave me my first walk and GC a couple weeks ago with a 1st place brisket.
Am definitley going to try Butchers, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ken

Back