Getting ready to send my build list

morrissjeffa

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hey all, been a reader for many months now and appreciate all of the information, knowledge, and experience everyone contributes! I am looking to submit my build sheet to our friends down in Tuscaloosa at SF and want to run by you guys to see if I'm missing anything or if there are any other ideas you have. Appreciate the feedback!

Base Model: standard with a 24”x60” (extend out to 24x70) 3/8” thick cook chamber, standard 1/4" firebox, 2 shelf warmer, damper from the cook chamber to the warmer, 3 temp gauges (2 on the chamber, and one on the warmer), 4’ wide trailer, 14” chrome wheels, LED trailer lights encased in protective boxes, and a brass ball valve on the grease drain.

Insulated Firebox w/ 3/4" plate door
Cabinet Doors
Elevated warmer (36” tall)
Straight back model (70”-80”)
Elevated Cabinet w/ 3 rd grate in the cook chamber (70”-80”)
5’ wide trailer
Tandem axle trailer
Removable trailer tongue
Extra Grate in warmer (per grate)
Both Dampers (Firebox to Warmer, Chamber to Warmer)
Elevated charcoal grate for warmer
Stainless steel Shelf in front of cook chamber
Back splash added to SS shelf or plate steel shelf
Wood basket on back side of cook chamber
Removable sausage hangers in warmer (2) x2
Umbrella/flag holder x2
Paper towel holder
SS folding Shelf on side of warmer
Firebox ash pan
Baffle block plate
Remote grease drain
Dual burners elevated to shelf height w/ tank holder
Probe inserts (per insert) x4
Hip roof on warmer
24”x48” chargrill
Modify & Mount Cajun Fryer
Griddle for direct cooking over dual burners

That will be one impressive rig. I'm on the list too. One additional thing to consider is a Sear station/rack in the firebox.

Did you already send a deposit in?
If not get that done. You will have plenty of time to decide what you really want.

Did you look here
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Scroll down the page and change the standard option of "view from the last 10 days" to month etc. There is a 30X80 close to your other choice options. With a wider trailer. Etc. No waiting.

That's an impressive build! :thumb:

You don't see many with the reversed warmer and full length shelf option but like most things hindsight is 20/20 ~I'd never go back to a rear facing warmer after having it set up this way.

This is the same elevated 24x70 straight back cook chamber and elevated warmer your having built, the full length on the shelf is a big help with extra room for meat totes when loading it up and likewise if you cook in foil pans it makes handling them from cook chamber to warmer much easier and safer if they are full of hot liquid you can just slide them down the shelf.

NMdteSll.jpg

My only advice comes from my order years ago. I wanted big but downsized to a 24x55. Never really thought about how much room is in the elevated straight back cabinet. I added a 4th rack and I can easily fit 20 or more briskets in the main chamber. I'll never cook more than a dozen. Should have gone with the 24x42. I know that going smaller is frowned upon around here but make sure your excitement doesn't lead you to buy more than you need.

Looks like a most excellent build sheet. The insulated fb is a great investment. Send that to SF now. Minor details can be ironed out later. Just don't go from a 24x70 to a 30x90. [emoji33] Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That will be one impressive rig. I'm on the list too. One additional thing to consider is a Sear station/rack in the firebox.

I had front frame mounted char grills for years on my commercial pits, hated the extra tounge weight that came with them on account of having to use a hand dolly to make the move in and out of the tight side clearances on garage doors.

Seems there's never a spotter around when you need one to use the tow vehicle.

That sear station option is really handy when you need it, I don't miss the char grill at all and with the insulated firebox a little charcoal goes a long way.

GUGEoREl.jpg

ekem9wQl.jpg

When you don't need the sear station grid in the firebox it does double duty in the bottom of the warmer for an extra grate.

5Q1FgqAl.jpg

My only advice comes from my order years ago. I wanted big but downsized to a 24x55. Never really thought about how much room is in the elevated straight back cabinet. I added a 4th rack and I can easily fit 20 or more briskets in the main chamber. I'll never cook more than a dozen. Should have gone with the 24x42. I know that going smaller is frowned upon around here but make sure your excitement doesn't lead you to buy more than you need.

Looks like a most excellent build sheet. The insulated fb is a great investment. Send that to SF now. Minor details can be ironed out later. Just don't go from a 24x70 to a 30x90. [emoji33] Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree with you Paul and have gone smaller three times and getting my 24 X 42 next month .

Back