Brined Turkeys at Trader Joe's

I bought 6 at Walmart for $.68/lb :cool:

:lol:Yeah, well................I haven't bought any...................so there!

What are the ingredients in their brine? I'm curious.

Wife and I are getting organic free-range bird that probably had a name. 4 bucks a pound.
That's for company....we will be picking up a couple of the normal priced ones just to stockpile.

Wife and I are getting organic free-range bird that probably had a name. 4 bucks a pound.
That's for company....we will be picking up a couple of the normal priced ones just to stockpile.

WOW! Are you telling me that organic free-range birds taste that much better?

WOW! Are you telling me that organic free-range birds taste that much better?

Wife is convinced. Not that the brining and smoking our first organic bird had anything to with it. We've made plenty of 'ordinary' birds that tasted great. I figure it's a holiday, I'm supporting a local farmer, and I'm gonna lose this battle. So, yeah, they taste great!

I p/u a free range organic bird yesterday for $2.89/lb. Main reason why is I haven't been able to find any unenhanced birds except these. I did one last year and it was by far the very best turkey I'd ever tatsed.
I'm with MrMike too as these birds com from a local farmer, Diestel Farms and it's nice to support these guys too.

It's also the guy who raises the Heritage pigs, which are supposed to be outstanding. But as the bacon from them costs 12 bucks a pound, I don't even wanna know what a shoulder costs...the hoity toity restaurants love the guy. And his sausage was pretty good...mebbe I'll get that bacon for the holiday anyway...

Wife is convinced. Not that the brining and smoking our first organic bird had anything to with it. We've made plenty of 'ordinary' birds that tasted great. I figure it's a holiday, I'm supporting a local farmer, and I'm gonna lose this battle. So, yeah, they taste great!

I have no problem paying extra to support local farmers. I just wish I could find a good one to support. Most don't want people stopping in off of the street.

I don't have a problem with it either - it's just that this farm grows the equivilent of Kobe beef, which I can't really can't afford to buy anyway. Our local produce farmers rock!

Will be checking out Trader Jose's. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have a problem with it either - it's just that this farm grows the equivilent of Kobe beef, which I can't really can't afford to buy anyway. Our local produce farmers rock!

Kobe beef.....do they hand massage them???

Paul B

I p/u a free range organic bird yesterday for $2.89/lb. Main reason why is I haven't been able to find any unenhanced birds except these. I did one last year and it was by far the very best turkey I'd ever tatsed.
I'm with MrMike too as these birds com from a local farmer, Diestel Farms and it's nice to support these guys too.

I agree, since I bought my first organic free range, I have never looked back.

Organic turkeys = gas free flatulence after eating..need I say more. No stinkey holes here.

Kobe beef.....do they hand massage them???

Paul B

Not sure....but according to his newsletters, he spends time with 'em. Maybe there's too many for him to massage all by himself...

Back