Anybody got a good Cranberry sauce to put on Turkey???

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm thinking something with a little heat. Maybe Jalapeno or Chipotle. Anybody got a recipe they want to share?

This one I do every year: 1 Can cranberry sauce ( I like sauce with whole berries)
1 jalapeno pepper minced ( I use my food processor to make small pieces)
3 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate.
Mix all in small pot over medium heat until hot and flavors are well combined. Serve warm or cold. If you like more heat add more jalapenos. This makes a great spread for leftover turkey sandwiches.

Another easy one is to mix 1 can of cranberry sauce with 1 jar of jalapeno jelly. stir and heat. enjoy.

I played around with one that I liked. Don't have it here right now, but it had a can of cranberry jelly, a little cider vinegar, a little raspberry preserves (seedless) and a little chipotle powder and lemon juice.
I'll see if I can find it tonight. It was really tasty on chicken, so it would be good on turkey too.

I'll try to remember to grab the wife's recipe when I get home... very similar to midnight's recipe, but remove the orange juice concentrate and add brown sugar, zest of 1/2 an orange and then I spike it when she aint lookin with some orange liquer... YUM!

We make Santa Fe Relish instead:

1 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
1 jalapeno, seeded and deveined
1 green onion
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp dried cilantro
1/4 tsp cumin

Chop up in a food processor and refrigerate over night.

When I do make cranberry sauce, I use red wine as a liquid instead of water.

My wife makes a killer Brandied Cranberry Sauce that has ginger in it. If you want more of a kick, add more ginger and/or brandy...

Recipe here. Plated picture below:

IMG_3131.jpg

This is the recipe I came up with. When I read your post, I thought you were looking for a cranberry BBQ sauce. That's what this is. Well, more or less, sort of. It is really good though.

16 oz Jellied cranberries
2 T Seedless raspberry preserves
¼ C Honey
¼ C Cider vinegar
¼ t Chipotle
½ t Garlic powder
½ t Black pepper
1 t Lemon juice

This is the recipe I came up with. When I read your post, I thought you were looking for a cranberry BBQ sauce. That's what this is. Well, more or less, sort of. It is really good though.

16 oz Jellied cranberries
2 T Seedless raspberry preserves
¼ C Honey
¼ C Cider vinegar
¼ t Chipotle
½ t Garlic powder
½ t Black pepper
1 t Lemon juice

Thanks for all the answers folks.

Harbormaster, that sounds great. Yeah I was thinking a cranberry BBQ sauce. So that sounds like what I'm looking
for.

Back