Second Dutch MOINK baller request

spiffs

Knows what a fatty is.
Here is my entry for a MOINK ball certificate. It took me a while to find really cheap meatballs that contain only beef. I did find fozen ones but they also contained chicken, but today I found them, so here are the pictures!
P1040813.jpg

P1050003.jpg

P1050011.jpg

P1050014.jpg

P1050016.jpg

Here's my entry for a MOINK Ball Certificate.

As I'm on the other side of the big pond and we don't have anything like frozen pre-packaged Italian meatballs, I hope I'm excused for making Italian Meatballs from scratch.

Here is my entry for a MOINK ball certificate. It took me a while to find really cheap meatballs that contain only beef. I did find fozen ones but they also contained chicken, but today I found them, so here are the pictures!

Hmmmmm....the Board of the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society has some thinking to do here.

First SPIFFS, you are hereby certified. Congrats.

The Board will have to meet in executive session next week to reconsider the waiver granted Noskos for not having pre-made meatballs in the Netherlands.

Let me just say that my balls were not frozen, I got them fresh from a local butcher, and that it is very local overhere, some products you can find only in a small region and not all over holland (even as small as our country is!) So if I can get them ,that doesn't mean that Noskos can get them to, he lives in a different part of Holland. Normaly I make them with frozen balls containing chicken, (I know not MOINK but these are the only frozen pre made balls I can find overhere) I just hope that this explains why Noskos made his own meatballs. So hopefully you don't have to reconcider the waiver granted to Noskos.
ps on our small dutch forum, they even talk about a MOINK day, we try to pick a date, and everybody will make MOINK balls at the same time.

Let me just say that my balls were not frozen, I got them fresh from a local butcher, and that it is very local overhere, some products you can find only in a small region and not all over holland (even as small as our country is!) So if I can get them ,that doesn't mean that Noskos can get them to, he lives in a different part of Holland. Normaly I make them with frozen balls containing chicken, (I know not MOINK but these are the only frozen pre made balls I can find overhere) I just hope that this explains why Noskos made his own meatballs. So hopefully you don't have to reconcider the waiver granted to Noskos.
ps on our small dutch forum, they even talk about a MOINK day, we try to pick a date, and everybody will make MOINK balls at the same time.

Just kidding on Noskos...

As for your dutch MOINK day! I would be honored to feature all your dutch MOINK Balls on my blog.

I'm going to be starting a "All About MOINK" Page on my blog. Email me at bbqgrail@earthlink.net and we can coordinate.

Let me re-re-iterate what Spiffs says.

Noskos met up with me, Ron_L, billm, Stoke&Smoke + 1, and Divemaster at the first International Brethren Luncheon in April.

Noskos has been to the States before, and was on a Midwest tour when we caught him (KC, StL, Memphis, I think).

He loves the fact we can go into any market and buy butts, briskets, etc.

He told us, at lunch, how he needs to work various butchers to get certain cuts, then cost is an issue.

That being said, if Noskos asks for an exemption, that means he needs it. He has Brethren integrity through and through.

He will not compromise Brethren quality Q for his guests!!

He is a straight shooter, and I enjoyed the time we all had together.

Just want to explain why I made my own meatballs, we don't have Italian style balls here, not pre-packed and not at the butchers, I looked them up on the net and there is nothing even close.

I'm pretty sure that although spiffs' balls are pre made they are not Italian style, so there is a small gray area in section 1b of the rules! :wink:

BTW, thanks Willcat98 and spiffs for standing up for me! That's what's being a Brethren is all about for me!

LOL that's why I didn't mentioned the word "Italian"! taste was great by the way.
the mushrooms are the most simple thing you can make, take out the stem, put some cheddar inside,that''s it.

Are those moink balls metric? If so is there a special certification?

Are those moink balls metric? If so is there a special certification?

heheheh... They look darned good, no matter what size they are. I reckon I would need a metric fork to fit metric MOINK balls? Of if they are close enough, could I use a British measure fork in a pinch? Works with bolts! :-D

Congratsz Spiffsz!
Nice looking ballsz right there!
Hopefully I can make it too to get my certificate soon.
Cheersz!

He Phubar,
try to make them saturday the 6nd, we (members of the dutch bbq forum) are going to make them all on saturday and apply for the certificate, our own dutch MOINK day! :-D (because we don't have anything better to do :wink:)

Big write up on Dutch MOINK Ball Day on The BBQ Grail Blog this weekend. Oh Yeah!

I've got to come up with a special certificate for you guys.

Let me re-re-iterate what I said.

"Just kidding Noskos"

I have no recollection of posting that Saturday night (Sun Morning) Larry, let alone reading the thread.

:shock:

Farking keyboard breathalyzer must be on the fritz

Back