Burger Meat

E

El Lobo

Ground up some meat to make burgers for some of the wife's family in town from Scotland (BBQ not being too popular over there). They couldn't get enough of it.

Got me wondering what other mixtures guys are using. Anyone got any blends they like (i.e. cut of meat, type of fat, spices, etc)?

Not much to look at, but I like pics in my posts.

2hzlnxi.jpg

205t4z4.jpg

208bqrq.jpg

I'll take mine with tomato and mustard please.:-D

Is that an eye of round? Looks pretty lean.

Grind up deer with about 1/3 beef fat. Makes a great burger.

Several brethren like ground brisket. Some even like to grind bacon into the mixture.

But 80/20 chuck is pretty dang good.

I like just regular chuck most of the time. I have ground brisket and it's good as well.

What cut did you use? looks like eye of round? if so, way to lean and should have additional fat added to it.

That is one beautiful burger. Personally, I prefer 80/20 chuck. Had many others, but to me, it tastes best.

2 parts sirloin 1 part beef short rib meat and 1 part brisket.

My favorite is ground ribeye.

That really is a beautiful burger. I like to mix things, although my go to is chuck. I also like to make a mix of lamb, pork and beef, usually a lamb shoulder, pork butt and beef chuck, about 1/3 each, then add some Greek-ish spices. Very light on the spices, makes a great mystery burger.

Just remembered...my buddy mixes equal parts ground beef and ground pork for his burgers. He also pours in a bit of Chaka's MMM Sauce for extra juiciness.

Matt

Don't mind me for being particular, but when you guys say 'chuck' - any cut in particular?

I ask because a pot roast is chuck, but so is a blade roast. They can have pretty big differences in fat contents.

Back