anybody smoking tomorrow to avoid rain?

Crakaveli

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
the tropical storm in the gulf is going to bring rain on monday.

i'll be smoking ribs on sunday night to be served monday evening. how should i store and reheat them?

What is this "rain" you speak of? I don't remember ever seeing such a thing. :confused:

CD

Well if you are trying to avoid outdoor cooking altogether on Monday, then my sugggestion won't help much. That said, I'm a fan of finishing ribs on the grill. I would pull them when they're not quite done and store until Monday, then finish them over charcoal, adding sauce, etc. as you like. I'm sure others will have suggestions for indoor reheating. Good luck!

Lee is forecast to go East, where they don't need it, instead of west, where we do need it. Nice. :rolleyes:

I would personally love to give up outdoor cooking and spend Labor Day watching it rain.

Besides, I have smoked in my garage many times. And, I could sit out there and watch the rain while inhaling the wonderful aromas of rain and smoke.

CD

lee is forecast to go east, where they don't need it, instead of west, where we do need it. Nice. :rolleyes:

I would personally love to give up outdoor cooking and spend labor day watching it rain.

Besides, i have smoked in my garage many times. And, i could sit out there and watch the rain while inhaling the wonderful aromas of rain and smoke.

Cd

+2 rain

the tropical storm in the gulf is going to bring rain on monday.

i'll be smoking ribs on sunday night to be served monday evening. how should i store and reheat them?

Count me in. I volunteered to cook a brisket for a fantasy football draft that starts at 6pm tomorrow night. We could be seeing 35 mph winds so that means the packer is going on the WSM underneath the carport with a setup to block/knock down wind. I might even throw 3 slabs of spares on too just to make things interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be the first rain we have gotten in months

Count me in. I volunteered to cook a brisket for a fantasy football draft that starts at 6pm tomorrow night. We could be seeing 35 mph winds so that means the packer is going on the WSM underneath the carport with a setup to block/knock down wind. I might even throw 3 slabs of spares on too just to make things interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my WSM in the garage most of the winter, as it is usually rainy or windy here all winter. A carport and a tarp should get you through.

CD

Embrace the rain. You may just have to get creative.

IMAG0397.jpg

Forecasted here to rain until wed. or tues. and yard is already flooded , quite common for south Louisiana. So much for firing up the offset . Guess I'll break out the Cookshack and do a couple of butts in the garage area tommorow .....

I would smoke them for a few hours until USDA done and still "stiff" or "rubbery" and then put in foil and fridge. Reheat in oven, but don't overcook. Take out of foil and sauce after about 45 minutes @300 if that is your thing.

I have a labor day brisket planned and I am going to cook tomorrow while @ grandma's birthday lunch. I think we are going to get soaked Mon - Tue and 2-3 inches of rain while smoking is not perfect for a stumps with no hat over the stack exhaust.

Back