THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

Yes, it is a steel shelf. I am not a big fan of stainless steel, but I didn't want to deal with the holes in the expanded shelf. I like it so far.

IMG_3342.jpg
[/URL]

So I am looking at this picture and realized that BESIDES the Shirley, I can see a Green Egg, Weber Ranch Kettle, a regular offset, and what appears to be a cinderblock pit in the back.

Yeah, I'd say he's all set!

David

I had flat steel shelf on my previous offset. Never had an issue with it.
Yes, it is a steel shelf. I am not a big fan of stainless steel, but I didn't want to deal with the holes in the expanded shelf. I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You ordered a shirley, Matt?

:dancer::dancer::dancer::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can't imagine having to endure the current wait. When I got my first one, the wait was 3 months, and that felt like a lifetime. What are you getting?

You ordered a shirley, Matt?

:dancer::dancer::dancer::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can't imagine having to endure the current wait. When I got my first one, the wait was 3 months, and that felt like a lifetime. What are you getting?

I did sir. Right now i am leaning towards a 24x60 straight back on a modified trailer. Nothing to crazy other then the stainless shelf with backsplash. With over a 2 year wait though its going to change i am sure. I would really like to go smaller but i keep thinking about doing a whole hog now and then. I am afraid anything shorter i will regret it. Any thoughts?

I did sir. Right now i am leaning towards a 24x60 straight back on a modified trailer. Nothing to crazy other then the stainless shelf with backsplash. With over a 2 year wait though its going to change i am sure. I would really like to go smaller but i keep thinking about doing a whole hog now and then. I am afraid anything shorter i will regret it. Any thoughts?

If you want to do hogs, I wouldn't go smaller than 60. You'll love the backsplash!

Any thoughts on going 24 x 60 elevated traditional with cabinet doors vs 24 x 60 elevated straight back with cabinet doors? I know that the traditional is 1/8" thicker than the straight back. Does it make that much of a difference?

If you want to do hogs, I wouldn't go smaller than 60. You'll love the backsplash!

I'll let y'all know about pig in a 24x60 I have a 100#der sitting in ice chest going on at 10 pm tonight. I was looking at smaller but am so glad I took wife's advice and got bigger and stainless with backsplash I would almost say is a must>

Any thoughts on going 24 x 60 elevated traditional with cabinet doors vs 24 x 60 elevated straight back with cabinet doors? I know that the traditional is 1/8" thicker than the straight back. Does it make that much of a difference?
Straight back is the way to go. Racks all the same size and you can make the cabinet taller to fit a another rack or 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The cheapest modification is length so unless you have a space problem I'd go 60. I probably will rarely need it but it's nice to know I have it. I can't disagree that straight back is more logical but I liked the look of the traditional so I went with traditional elevated cabinet. No regrets

Yes, Shirley's are a great build.
Yes, Shirley's are a very long delivery.
Yes, Shirley's are very expensive.
Yes, Shirley's have a great resale value.

But, have you ever considered how long it takes to whittle a hopper full of those little pellet thingys?

Back