Boonhaugler II

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
You may or may not have noticed, the original Boonhaugler was sold. So today I drove over to St. Louis to pick up Boonhaulger II.

2005 Haulmark 24' x 8.5'
Duo-Thermo A/C with heat
4 breaker box
torflex axles
6'7" interior
4' wide side door - wide enough for everything, so the rear ramp wouldn't have to be used

Decent shape and was very pleased with the way it followed my truck on the way home even with today's wind and traffic on I-70, but it's a project to make it what we want. The first few things on the list are:
1) repaint the walls
2) paint/cover the floor
3) insulate the ceiling

Tomorrow is measuring day (inside of trailer and all current eq to so we can start working on how to layout everything for a prep/finishing kitchen and sleeping accomodations.

If anyone has a 16-20' awning for sale, let me know.

Attachments

• Haulmark1.JPG
    Haulmark1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 783
Very nice!

I feel another case of trailer envy coming on now.

Nice size trailer!

Lookin very forward to seeing the inside come together! :cool:

Bobby,

Nice looking trailer! Good luck with the overhaul.

Congrats on the new rig Bobby...looks like a fun project

That's a great size. The team All Slabbed Up has one like that.

Well, there go the 20' x 20' spaces, now you can pay, I mean play, with the big boys :rolleyes:. Nice rig, Bob, and Don won't hit his head in there! :biggrin:

Well, there go the 20' x 20' spaces, now you can pay, I mean play, with the big boys :rolleyes:. Nice rig, Bob, and Don won't hit his head in there! :biggrin:

LOL. That was good, Dave.

Bobby / Don,

Wow! That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when you are finished. Soon you be thinking out the old days when you had to sleep and cook under the stars. :-D

Now you've got a rig deserving of a team with a top 5 at the Royal! Congratulations and I do have trailer envy.

Dudes,
You all are gonna look sooo professional!!!!!!
ModelMaker

Haaaaa, while I appreciate the compliments ... it's a real plain jane trailer. Here's some pics I took of the inside this afternoon. What you see in there was stuff that was getting in my way in the garage. Basically, it's just some trailer stuff put in there for now so I can walk through my garage.

Attachments

• Haulmark8.jpg
    Haulmark8.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 710
  • Haulmark6.JPG
    Haulmark6.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 710
Nice trailer. What do expect your hauling weight to be when loaded? Is a 3/4 ton truck enough for such a large rig?

Oh yeah - easy. Curb weight of the trailer is about 3200 and it's max weight is 7000. My truck is rated to tow 8200.

Based on what our equipment totalled last year (about 1,800 lbs), I'm going to guess the weight of the trailer loaded ready to go to a comp will be around 5800-6200 since we want to add bunks, cabinets, a sink (with a make shift water system for right now - coleman instant water heater) and hopefully an awning. But at the same time, we'll be able to leave pop ups and/or carports, cots and various other things at home with the larger trailer.

Last edited:

HA HA, I did manage to bash my head on the inside of the other trailer on more than one occasion.

Back