Easter ham getting ready to go on

cmwr

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is our dinner today. Spiral cut ham with pure maple syrup rubbed in each slice and a maple/bourbon glaze brushed over the outside. This beats the pants off the standard honey glaze you get with the ham which promptly goes in the trash. I will post pics to follow when finished.

Best of luck & results; sounds like you have done this variety before. Putting my 17#er on about noon for dinner.

Best of luck & results; sounds like you have done this variety before. Putting my 17#er on about noon for dinner.

Yes it is damm delicious. It is a known recipe from the egg forums from some dude named John Egret. He gets the credit but it is a recipe worth archiving for sure.

Looks and sounds Great I have a 8.5 semi boneless 1/2 ham that I will be putting on this afternoon Will be using Guerry's Gaze on it

WEll I put it on my rack and what do you know it was too tall for my lid to go on....:doh: Luckily my setup is from Big Nate and I have adjustable legs on my rack. So 10 minutes and some blackened hands later I had my legs adjusted down so it fits. I should have shortened my legs a long time ago..:roll:

Looks and sounds Great I have a 8.5 semi boneless 1/2 ham that I will be putting on this afternoon Will be using Guerry's Gaze on it

WEll I put it on my rack and what do you know it was too tall for my lid to go on....:doh: Luckily my setup is from Big Nate and I have adjustable legs on my rack. So 10 minutes and some blackened hands later I had my legs adjusted down so it fits. I should have shortened my legs a long time ago..:roll:

What time & temps are you shooting for? I'm thinking 225* for 15 minutes per pound, so about 4-1/2 hours for me, probably foil for the last coupe hours.

What time & temps are you shooting for? I'm thinking 225* for 15 minutes per pound, so about 4-1/2 hours for me, probably foil for the last coupe hours.

Well I am thinking about 5 hours at 250-275. I never foiled my last one. These hams are pre cooked/cured right? why would you foil?

I am cooking mine at 325 I figure 8.5 lbs about 3 hrs with the glaze Want to get it to about 150-160

Finished. Covered in foil and dropped UDS temp to 200 just to keep warm for another 1/2 hour or so. I will post pics once served.

FWIW: I don't put the glaze on until the last 1/2hour or so.

This is how the recipe was laid out and it turns out really good.

Looks great :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mine has been on for an hour, rockin at 250*. Just made Deguerre's HDD glaze - I love it but the wife says "holy chit, that stuff will strip paint". Doubled up the recipe on everything else which effectively cut the HDD in half.

It was great. DW how did yours turn out? Bet it was good as well.

Back