THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fireitup

I finally decided to build my UDS. I picked up the barrel and fire basket from a client for free.:clap2: Picked up a 22.5 weber at a garage sale for $5. Hardware at Home Depot cost me $23.

Cut the lid off. Did the Weber top mod. Cut my holes and inserted the 3/4 inch pipe. My client then welded them. Grate holes and handles and I'm all set.

I will power wash then burn it with a propane weed burner tomorrow. How long will it take to cool down after burning with a weed burner? I want to start smoking!!!

Attachments

• UDS.jpg
    UDS.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 292
Is their a link for the Weber top mod? I have an extra Weber top I can use. Does it have to be the 22.5"?

congrats brother u will enjoy, plus its always a conversation piece while ur cooking, my friends can never believe the good food came off that thing :)

Thanks all

I have a question. I received my Maverick wireless thermometer yesterday. How big a hole should I drill to get me probes in? Is there a way to seal them tight?

Nice Job!!! I would also do a couple hour hot burn first, then powerwash and hit with the weedburner. Then season and smoke.

I have a another question

How long will it take to cool down after I burn it with a weed burner?

Also how hot does the bottom of this get when smoking? Can I put it on my pavers? Or should I get something to sit it on?

How long will it take to cool down after I burn it with a weed burner?

Also how hot does the bottom of this get when smoking? Can I put it on my pavers? Or should I get something to sit it on?

The bottom gets really hot. Pavers prob. OK dont set on the patio concrete!

Back