Injection question

chihuachsund

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Is there a technique to injecting that will keep my injection fluid from seeping back out of the meat?

I have a thin injection that I really like, but it seems to just come back out when I remove then needle.

Any tips for how to inject boston butt and poultry without having it all just drip out?

Thanks in advance!

What kind of needle are you using? With a single point, stick, move a little with the plunger, move stick, a little with the plunger.

Inject a lot in one spot will cause a pocket to form, and leak back pot.

Well,

That brings me to another question, what's a good injector make/model?

I just have some like those that come with some Tony Cachere's for fried turkey.

I had one I bought at Academy, but it split on me and wouldn't draw anymore.

I try to put as little as possible per spot, but it still seems to just flow back out. Should I try to thicken it?

I was wondering if the multi hole thing might have been my problem. So just kind of tap the plunger, maybe? Basically, it's 40% Moore's marinade,50% bourbon, and 10% water. If I replace the water with butter would it congeal or something?

Mount Olive is just north of Birmingham, I've been to your home town for football games, been to SC for boot camp, Parris Island is just outside Beaufort.

I just keep injecting untill it won't take any more, then either wrap in saran wrap or put it in a 2.5 gallon ziplock & squeeze all of the air out. Let it rest overnight in the fridge.

When injecting, make lots and lots of small injections, shallow, medium and deep instead of a few big ones. You will almost always get some leaks, don't worry about it. Big, sloppy injections leak the most and can even leave pockets in the meat sometimes.

Back