THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
I have a digital meat thermometer, but can't seem to find one to tell the heat of the grill. I don't feel like the gauge on the front is very accurate, so I'm looking for something new.

I've seen them used on TV where you can hook them on a rack, but have no clue where to find one

Thanks

You can also find the Maverick E-73 (model before the E-732) for about $30 on amazon. If distance isnt a concern, from what I;ve read it seems to be the same thermometer as the 732 for half the price.

Maverick E-73 works pretty good for a grate themometer. I had one that got broke but the thermo was still good, so I use one themo on the gate (stick it through a potato) then the other is in the meat. Once my grate gets where I want it I disconnect the grate thermo and plug the meat thermo in the E-73. Works for me, I should just buy the E-732. But then what fun would that be. :crazy:

Go to Amazon, sign up for the Amazon Prime credit cart and get $30.00 your 1st purchase you can get a digital thermometer for only a couple bucks. And nobody says you ever have to use the card.

For telling the temperature at food level, some people stick it through a small onion or potato. I drilled a small hole in a chunk of hickory and just stand it up on the rack with that. I try to set it so it doesn't contact the metal grate or the food.
I picked up a couple of remote thermometers at Wally World on sale for $16 each.

+1 for the ET-732 and +1 for 5-0 BBQ and the BBQ Equipment store. Super fast shipping and GREAT customer service. I ordered 2 ET-732's and they were at my house in like thre or four days, one of those days was sunday.

+2. I ordered mine from BBQ Equipment Store. I love the thermometer and had a great experience with them as well.

Back