Seattle, WA

S

shock

The Space Needle.

Yep. I did it. I actually went by myself. I was at Microsoft and wanted to get off campus for a while....

Anyway, I had smoked salmon and a shitload of wine.

The reason I wanted to make this post is because they said they use Alder wood to smoke almost everything up there. Well I didn't really care for the flavor, but if that's all you got... fire up the gas grill :(

Shock,

You should have given me a heads up. You passed right by me. I work in Kirkland which you had to pass to get to the Needle. Where did you eat at? I don't think there are any decent places out here. Dixie's is is horrendous, some guy runs around wnting you to "meet the man". It's some concoction he makes up that is just habaneros cooked down. Hot as hell, people don't taste the food, good plan. We got Armadillo's in Woodinville, not worth it. To much smoke, meat not cooked very well, place full of flies. I'll take my own over theirs.

Heath said:
Shock,

You should have given me a heads up. You passed right by me. I work in Kirkland which you had to pass to get to the Needle. Where did you eat at? I don't think there are any decent places out here. Dixie's is is horrendous, some guy runs around wnting you to "meet the man". It's some concoction he makes up that is just habaneros cooked down. Hot as hell, people don't taste the food, good plan. We got Armadillo's in Woodinville, not worth it. To much smoke, meat not cooked very well, place full of flies. I'll take my own over theirs.

My bad - this wasn't a recent trip. I do believe it was a pre-brethren trip... However, I distinctly remember the Alder wood and thought I'd make a post.

I also had smoked salmon at some place off the pier. Thier salmon was a little better, I guess I'm not an Alder-fan...

If I get back up there, I'm definitely giving you a call!!!

Alder's good stuff, just doesn't add a strong smokey flavor.

Back