Food from past weekend (4-27-29, 2007)

moses13

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My friends and I held our online football simulation (Action PC Football from DKsports) draft this past weekend, and our league commissioner and myself cooked for 12 guys. Here is the menu and resulting Pron from the past weekend:

Fri night:
-BBQ beef short ribs
-smoked baby back ribs
-BBQ chicken
-smoked turkey legs
-baked beans
-potato salad
-biscuits

Sat afternoon:
- steaks
- wings

Sat night:
- sausage sandwiches
- beef brisket sandwiches

Pictures (from left to right):
1. 1st attempt at making fatties was successful..... long, thin one is sweet peppers and challots. Thicker, more round one is mozzerrella and chedder. They went within 3min of putting them out. I smoked them on Fri night and reheated them in the oven on Sat morning....unfortunately, I stepped away from the oven and one of the other guys smelled what was cooking and took them out of the oven and started slicing them up in big chunks. I actually had to push him out of the way so that I got a piece for myself and the host of the draft to try. ***Note to self...make more for next gathering***

2. Another pic of fatties

3. Fatties cooking.....potatoe probe keeping eye on fatties

4. Sweet pepper and challot fattie cut in half

5. Beef short ribs

6. chicken legs smoking on grill......bottom grate has turkey legs smoking

7. finished chicken legs ready for serving

8. Ribs smoking on grill (did some on kettle and some on gas grill.....I know....just scold me now....we didn't have enough grill space, so we smoked them on the gas grill at 250*)

9. Ribs waiting to be eaten

10. Turkey leg waiting to be devoured

11. Come and get it!

Sorry....didn't take any pics of the steaks/wings or sausage/brisket (brisket was brazened in the oven due to time constraints and neither of us wanting to tend a fire overnight) from Sat night.......was too busy trying to select my team and playing Nintendo Wii.

Attachments

• fatties 1.jpg
    fatties 1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 83
  • fattie2.jpg
    fattie2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 84
  • fatties cooking.jpg
    fatties cooking.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 84
  • pepper and onion fattie.jpg
    pepper and onion fattie.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 83
  • beef short ribs.jpg
    beef short ribs.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 84
  • chicken cooking.jpg
    chicken cooking.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 82
  • chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 82
  • ribs cooking.jpg
    ribs cooking.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 81
  • ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 80
  • turkey leg.jpg
    turkey leg.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 80
  • table.jpg
    table.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 80
The guy that went into the oven and started slicing the fatty should be penalized for messing with someone elses labor. He should have to forfiet his first game for being rude. MAN LAW: Do not touch another man's oven/stove/pot/smoker/grill.

Pyle....I'll pass it on to our commish. I can use all of the help that I can get....my team won't be good this year.

Nice spread! Those fatties look very tasty, a meal by itself!

Brian

Give the offender the option of forfeit 1st game or lose an index finger to you cleaver, or both!
Nice pics, great looking grub.

The guy that went into the oven and started slicing the fatty should be penalized for messing with someone elses labor. He should have to forfiet his first game for being rude. MAN LAW: Do not touch another man's oven/stove/pot/smoker/grill.

Ditto....and BTW, good lookin' groceries:biggrin:

Nice looking spread! If your team sucks - you could always use your Q to your advantage in future trade talks during the season :biggrin:

Back