What the fark is wrong with me? Early stage Alzheimer's?

J

jswordy

We had so much fun at the beer fest we did last Friday that we are doing the exact same thing tonight. Same menu: ribeyes, taters, ABTs. Same beer. Same people. Same location.

Last week...

saturday001.jpg

What the fark is wrong with me? I mean, who does the same exact thing twice, a week apart? Is the early stages of Alzheimer's? :eek:

Or could it be the antithesis of the old saying that if you get a bad result and keep doing things over again the same way, you will always get a bad result (ie, if you get a good result and keep doing the same things over again the same way, you will always get a good result)? I am so confused. Help me, bros!

If it was good, do it again. if it was bad, don't do it.

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

All I can say is that I would give my left nut to have a piece of land like that again. I am so sick of cactus and this DAMN heat. My daughter will be off to college in a couple years and we are outta here.

All I can say is that I would give my left nut to have a piece of land like that again. I am so sick of cactus and this DAMN heat. My daughter will be off to college in a couple years and we are outta here.

Heh... Wife went to school in Albuquerque for 3 years. She'd come home at breaks and look at our place and go, "It's so green! So GREEN!" It would take her a couple days to get used to it being green everywhere. In this part of the country, if you don't keep at the vegetation, it will literally consume the place. A pasture down the road has been ungrazed now for 20 years. Back then, it was all grass. Today, it is 30-foot and higher trees -- a forest! I does get hot here, too, but 90s are about it. Humid, though. Winters are real nice and mild. Average annual snowfall is 1 inch.

Nice barn. The old one. I don't think there's anything wrong witcha. When my wife worked second shift, I would grill a rib eye and have a six pack every Friday for dinner. Then I'd fall asleep in the chair. I enjoyed being a second shift bachelor.

Heh... Wife went to school in Albuquerque for 3 years. She'd come home at breaks and look at our place and go, "It's so green! So GREEN!" It would take her a couple days to get used to it being green everywhere. In this part of the country, if you don't keep at the vegetation, it will literally consume the place. A pasture down the road has been ungrazed now for 20 years. Back then, it was all grass. Today, it is 30-foot and higher trees -- a forest! I does get hot here, too, but 90s are about it. Humid, though. Winters are real nice and mild. Average annual snowfall is 1 inch.
My Mom lives in Cookville (sp?) TN. That's probably where we will end up. I'm a lost Michigander but Michigan is dead and I don't think it will ever recover.

My Mom lives in Cookville (sp?) TN. That's probably where we will end up. I'm a lost Michigander but Michigan is dead and I don't think it will ever recover.

You'll find loads of folks from Michigan here. Be sure to give a holler when you get here! We'll get dru -- I mean, we'll smoke some meat! :p

I have been counting the days to The Jack, so I might meet some of the competition folks from here. Been trying to 4 years to get my BBQ mentor to start a team and I'd help him. He ain't interested. Here's what ol Keenan says: "Does that taste good? Then that's the only competition there is, right there!" Sigh... he's good enough to win some, too.

Jus' keep holdin' that porch post stable. :p

That ol Stanley, my neighbor.

Hugh, the barn is 65 years old, made from oak sawed right off the place as they cleared it. My house was originally built in 1937, and the original part of it is solid oak, all off the place. Oak studs, floor joists, etc.

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys! I think we might do a little change-up and put TWO cases of beer in the cooler this time! :p I know it's a big step, but I think we can handle it.... I'll get pix!

Is that a propane tank your trying to hide behind the chairs. Is that the secret to your cooking?:biggrin:

I don't think you have Alzheimers - you just have good taste - that menu sounds good enough to have every week! Nice place you have, too!

Trade ya the heat for our Snow.:eek:.

Easy Jethro....Michigan is hardly dead! There is a lot more to do here that work for an automotive company.

Is that a propane tank your trying to hide behind the chairs. Is that the secret to your cooking?:biggrin:

That's my spare, for the Charmglow gasser. I'm no elitist. :biggrin:

15 minutes to heaven for me! C'mon 5 o'clock!

Back