Hello from Lawrence, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopezjam

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jamie Lopez and I live in Lawrence, KS and I'm addicted to smoking!!:-D

Thanks to Shawn (Smoke & Beers ), who got me addicted to smoking, I just started about four weeks ago and am still learning. I use a UDS and love it, I'm looking forward to expanding what I smoke. So far I've done pork butts, fatty's, moink balls and a turkey. Everything but the turkey went well...but I guess you live and learn. The turkey was dry...but that'll change the next time I smoke a turkey. My poor family have been my guinea pigs...but so far so good:cool:

Welcome aboard Lopezjam! Get rid of that matchlight and grab some wood...
Did I mention that this is addictive?

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jamie Lopez and I live in Lawrence, KS and I'm addicted to smoking!!:-D

Thanks to Shawn (Smoke & Beers ), who got me addicted to smoking, I just started about four weeks ago and am still learning. I use a UDS and love it, I'm looking forward to expanding what I smoke. So far I've done pork butts, fatty's, moink balls and a turkey. Everything but the turkey went well...but I guess you live and learn. The turkey was dry...but that'll change the next time I smoke a turkey. My poor family have been my guinea pigs...but so far so good:cool:

Welcome!

My first and only turkey turned out dry too. With all of the experience roaming around this site, I am sure we will both figure out how to take care of the nasty bird. :icon_cool

Welcome to our version of OCD (Outdoor Cooking Disorder)! If you gotta be addicted to something, this ain't bad...

Hi Jamie. If you can eat your mistakes, it's all good. Welcome to the Brethren.

Welcome and enjoy the ride:icon_bigsmil

Welcome Jamie, is Grandaddys ribs still open, there on the other side of the river?

Welcome Jamie. We have a Brethren Midwest Bash last year there in Lawrence. Too bad you weren't a member then. We got to see how one of the best cooks in the country does his pork butt and brisket. Amazing demonstration and the pork, well, all I can say is: "Oh Andy!" :wink:

Welcome Jamie. We have a Brethren Midwest Bash last year there in Lawrence. Too bad you weren't a member then. We got to see how one of the best cooks in the country does his pork butt and brisket. Amazing demonstration and the pork, well, all I can say is: "Oh Andy!" :wink:

I don't know about the first part of his comment, but I can validate there was an "oh Andy"....and a look of elation. :rolleyes::p

I lived in Larryville for 10 years Jamie... I miss it! Bayou Style is there in town too, so I'm sure he will give a shout out.

Lots of good stuff to learn on here - and just the guys (and gals) to share it all with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back