Pls help me choose: Workhorse 1969 vs Shirley 24x36

Congrats .... I think you've made a wise choice
Thanks. I gave my COS away earlier this year to a friend who doesn't make much money. I was thinking of building one but after finding this thread the other day. I fell in love with the raw look of that work horse and I know my welds would never be that clean.

I ordered my Shirley early this month but it a 1975 showed up in its place I wouldn’t be upset at all. Can’t go wrong between the two as far as I can tell.

Enjoy and post pics when it gets here!

Man, I really like the workhorse pit. It reminds me of the Franklin pit.

At some point in 2021.... dont be surprised to see some general offsets coming out of our shop.... with our twist on it!!!!!!

Dag nab it!

I've been going back and forth

Sent in my money for the Shirley patio TODAY!!

Any chance for a PM regarding deets?

I'm willing to wait if I could change my build.

Bump. Has anyone else compared these?

I have a Workhorse 1975 on order, but it'll be 7-8 months before it's delivered. And I just got an opportunity to buy a new Shirley 24x36 Patio delivered in 3-4 weeks.

I really want the Workhorse... but man having a Shirley now is tempting. And the Shirley is $600 cheaper.

Trying to talk myself into buying both and keeping whichever I like more. But I don't see that happening.

Bump. Has anyone else compared these?

I have a Workhorse 1975 on order, but it'll be 7-8 months before it's delivered. And I just got an opportunity to buy a new Shirley 24x36 Patio delivered in 3-4 weeks.

I really want the Workhorse... but man having a Shirley now is tempting. And the Shirley is $600 cheaper.

Trying to talk myself into buying both and keeping whichever I like more. But I don't see that happening.
If you want both I say do it. I doubt you will have any problem reselling either one for at least what you paid. Good luck.

If you want both I say do it. I doubt you will have any problem reselling either one for at least what you paid. Good luck.

That might be true actually... for now anyway, while things are crazy.

I’d buy them Botha s use both and see what you like better and sell the other one. You won’t lose much and you will 100% know you did your due diligence and made the right choice s for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That might be true actually... for now anyway, while things are crazy.

I have a Shirley 24x36 which cooks great. My other choice was a Workhorse 1975…..if I went Workhorse, that would be my choice. If you can swing both, do it. If you decide to sell one or the other, you likely won’t take a hit in your overall costs because both are very popular.

Looks like the base Shirley option might not be available right now, as they're in the process of moving to a new shop. I believe the price is at $2400, for when they're able to build them. This was as of a month ago. They're really nice, and have a lot of cooking space. Quality appears to be excellent, visually and via testimony.

Back