***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Bucc's Breakfast Challenge" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Bucc's Breakfast Challenge" Throwdo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Bucc's Breakfast Challenge"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 8/12.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]watertowerbbq[/size]
2154661_watertowerbbq.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
2156474_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
2157366_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
2158460_Al_Czervik.jpg

[size=+2]Kathys Smokin[/size]
2161101_Kathys_Smokin.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
2161512_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]chicagokp[/size]
2164348_chicagokp.jpg

[size=+2]TheBear[/size]
2164546_TheBear.jpg

[size=+2]texaque[/size]
2165368_texaque.jpg

Woo Hooo! Zero for me!

BUT! I can't believe I'm gonna vote for a Brekkie with NO BACON in it... but I am!

Sorry Buccs. No bacon for you!

Mr Byte... Is there any chance on getting my money shot changed to this one?
edit_preview.php

Looks like I should have said "money shot below" instead of just "money shot" above the pic in the post. Please and thank you... Mongo :mrgreen:

So many great choices... Ron - you got my vote this time - I want some pancakes!
Al - you had me till the gravy...

Lots of great entries. I was never an egg or a gravy fan. Ron and The Bear made me what I really wanted to eat. I'd gladly devour both of those in a very big way! In the end I had to go with Kathy's creativity. Pulled pork and bacon and cheese ... for breakfast. Hold those potatoes and that looked like something I'd make :hungry:.

SmokinAussie

That was an amazing display of your cook!!!!Great Job, I was about to eat my screen.

This was tough

This vote was actually pretty hard, I had to go all entries and see the full entries. Thanks to all for entering, sorry I did not enter, but I am glad I did not, for sure would have been whooped!

They all look real good. Everyone did a great job. You won't see those on the menu at Denny's.

BTW. Some of the photos were pretty close. It was hard to really tell what it was.

Just when I thought the voting for this would be easy ... I start looking through the entrys and realize that nobody on here cooks their dagblasted eggs. If I wanted something liquid I'd drink it ... not eat it in the form of an egg. Scramble them bag boys.

So that left me with Ron, CD, and Tex. The first cut was easy ... Ron lost a vote, because his picture wasn't big enough. I need something at least 5,000 pixels or more for it to count.

Now, to CD and Tex ... both look very delicious, but CD included onions and mushrooms (I just threw up a little in my mouth) and Tex threw in a steak with his breakfast which seems a bit filling ...

Since my accident and surgery I've been limited on what I physically could eat and as soon as I could start chewing a little. I started enjoying some Cracker Barrel Biscuits N Gravy ... for that simple reason and the fact that I'm now craving more ... Tex gets my vote (still just not sure about steak for breakfast though)

All VERY good entrys (minus the eggs)

Just when I thought the voting for this would be easy ... I start looking through the entrys and realize that nobody on here cooks their dagblasted eggs. If I wanted something liquid I'd drink it ... not eat it in the form of an egg. Scramble them bag boys.

Farkin' Un-American commie pinko. :tsk:

:becky:

It's gonna be a sad day if spam and Velveeta biscuits topped with bacon gravy gets a zero, but then again there were some fantastic entries here, once again.

Ron's praise for the naked fatty won my heart, and my eyes fell in love with Al and CD's outstanding plates and photo wizardry, but the stomach always prevails. My vote's going to chicagokp, a burger, sausage, and bacon! Triple meat, count me in! Nice job! :eusa_clap

Mr Byte... Is there any chance on getting my money shot changed to this one?
edit_preview.php

Looks like I should have said "money shot below" instead of just "money shot" above the pic in the post. Please and thank you... Mongo :mrgreen:

You're winning by a landslide, why fark with it. :shock:

Besides, I like your full plate shot better. :thumb:

CD

I feel a moral obligation to give honest feedback since the TD was inspired by some breakfast monstrosity of mine by that deviant , Mongo.
So a quick summary of my highly subjective impression of each entry
1) Watertowerbbq
I can't relate to it because it is food I have never experienced.
Looks tasty though but I have no idea, I'll be trying it if I ever get over there.
2)SmokinAussie
Glorious bacon and eggs, I want to eat it, oh yes I do.
Negative is, it is simple and I have made it thousands of times, except for the apricot wood, and doesn't that sound good?
Marvelous cooking and a contender!
3)Ron.L
C'mon, who doesn't want to fork a piece of that charred delicious fatty and some of that light fluffy egg into their gob!
Pancakes with melting butteriness and syrup, hard to find a negative here, it is a great balance of heavy sausage and light egg and sweet carby yumminess.
Contender!
4)AL Czervik
This was tricky.
It lost me with the different flavours and textures all on the one dish, but if I were to separate then each component was marvelous. Eggs+bell pepper+ fruits+ crumbed meat+gravy= confusion and lost appeal.

Eggs +meat=Yum.
The bell pepper at breakfast, it is a very powerful aromatic and is the odd thing out on this plate...IMO.
As always, beautiful cooking, presentation is flawless and super pic!
Sorry Al.
5) Kathy's Smokin
What a great concept!
Bacon pie of PP and eggs and cheese!
I loved everything about it...the one factor that made me hesitate was the doneness of those thick potato slices?
I felt that if they were thin then they weould seem juicier or more tempting.
Everything else had me panting, crunchy bacon and the glorious moist cheesey layer and smokey soft pork
Contender!
6) CD's
Simple great food.
The fatty looks a fraction dry but still great, the dry toast doesn't help the entry any it must be said, the egg section is the star here and looks bloody sensational IMO.
Look at the gorgeous browning and the moist yellow, it was cooked just right!
The hash brown spuds look spot on.
In all I think it looks a bit dry overall and could have used something moister, a sauce or dressing maybe?
A very honest photo, and we all know he could win by doing what he does if he wanted.
7)Chkagokp's
Another difficult one for me.
Each component looks fabulous.
That bacon...oh lawdy that looks perfect. I reached for it expecting a knife slap.
The egg, delicately cooked to a perfect runniness.
The roll looks soft and great for mopping up, but the negative is it is all kinda swimming in a white and unappealing gravy that ..never having tasted...makes it difficult to assess.
People who know and love this gravy will be drooling over it, but I have no idea what that is like?
It is for this reason only that my culturally ignorant brain says I cannot make an honest commitment to it being a contender.
That is my failing and not the entrants, same as entrant number one. :pray:
7) TheBear
Presentation= perfect!
Picture= perfect!
Great balance of complimentary flavours, the caramelized pineapple , rich sweet and soft frensh toast and uber fruitiness of the strawberry presented in that sliced manner, what a stunning entry!
I love banana and while it isn't clashing, it is the least matching item on the dish IMO.
It is a simple one, just french toast and sliced fruit, and that weighs against it maybe, but it IS a marvelous breakfast and a top job!
Contender!
8)Texaque.
You KNOW what's coming by now.
I can just hear you"These farkin redneck Aussies haven't even discovered white gravy yet and they got their own country?"
I'm sorry.
The red meat is a winner, cooked perfectly and has my mouth watering!
The photo is fantastic and I love the seasonings evident in the gravy.
I wish to hell I knew what it tasted like!
I'd knock you over getting to it if you offered me a bite!
I just can't throw my weight behind something I don't know is all.
I only say this to be forthright, and I know it won't influence all the other voters who know what and how good it is.

The coin toss.
It came down to Ron L for me.
Tomorrow I would vote differently I am certain, but right now that fatty and fluffy omelette and sweet pancake are a siren to my desires!

I apologize for being unable to judge some entries but all were stellar!
Seriously.

Last edited:
Back