***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Food Art" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Food Art" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Food Art"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 2/26.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
1946277_Oldyote.jpg

[size=+2]Will work for bbq[/size]
1948565_Will_work_for_bbq.jpg

[size=+2]bigsapper[/size]
1948889_bigsapper.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
1952268_Al_Czervik.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1952395_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1952530_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
1953233_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]silverfinger[/size]
1953489_silverfinger.jpg

I can't believe I'm saying this...

...but I'm having a hard time picking which one to vote for.

:clap::clap::clap:

What a solid field. I'm going to have to give this one some serious thought.

First off, let me just say that I am blown away by some of the pure genius shown by some of these artistic masterpieces. It was so hard to decide.

I assumed I would be voting for ecode, because, well, just look at that masterpiece! When I saw Gore's post, I thought, "There's the winner", then ecode made his look like some preschoolers finger painting.

As I started lining up the entries however, the first photo was Oldyote's, and I realized that it was not going to be a slam dunk after all. As I gathered the remaining pictures, I was truly dumbfounded by how tough this was going to be.

Will work for bbq's piece, whether you view it simply as a Beef Heart, or as a bold statement of one's undying affection for Picahna Roast, or as a damning testament to our modern health choices that lead us to our graves, it remains a grippingly valid piece.

Bigsapper's piece on Texas Steak while at first glance to the untrained eye is just a simple big steak, the sublime Texas truth underneath becomes apparent with just a little time.

Al Czervik's avant-garde piece is a slap in the face. He has hit a snag, literally, and now we are all scarred for life. His take-no-prisoners approach is abrasive, yet effective.

Caseydog's really spoke to me. Really. It told me to eat it. The irony is that I could not eat it. The whole piece teased me incessantly through my computer monitor. My dreams were haunted by a floating mouthless zombie head with olive eyes, spewing mustard and tomato sauce over everything it passed. It was very hard to not vote for this one.

Silverfinger's really had something to say. I tried to listen, but then the floating mouthless zombie head with olive eyes started screaming again, and I had to run away.

In the end, there was something about Oldyote's. There was something a little Norman Rockwell about it, only modernized, and seemed to reflect current issues around children's school lunch choices, and spoke to the feelings today's kids have about things.

I feel bad not voting for some of the others. Gore and ecode really blew everyone away. I'm just trying to toss some votes to the underdogs. Casedog begged too much though. I hate it when dogs beg for table scraps.

Amazing entries. I was torn between the house of gorecode as both entries were phenomenal, ultimately it was the extra details of the townscape of gore's starry night that drew me in. Well done all!

Well, gore once again came up with something brilliant, but I'm still wondering if he (or anyone) ate it. :confused:

Ecode made something equally creative, that I'm sure got eaten. :thumb:

Mongo has once again shown that he really knows how to handle his sausage. :shock:

Tough choice to be made.

CD

My pre-TD favorite pick of Gore sure didn't fail to deliver, so I had to go with him.

Damn, I have had a hard time being creative enough to cook in the past few throwdowns, and you guys have all of this creativity to spare.

All I can say is...:clap::hail::yield: to all of you!

In the end, there was something about Oldyote's. There was something a little Norman Rockwell about it, only modernized, and seemed to reflect current issues around children's school lunch choices, and spoke to the feelings today's kids have about things.

Now here is a man who really understands art. I mean you saw things that I didn't even see. You move me.

Last edited:
We currently have a tie in the e-gore camp -- and with Mongo, who is already shilling for votes in Q-Talk.

I think I will hold on to my vote for the moment, and see how I can most effectively use it to create some drama later. :heh:

CD

We currently have a tie in the e-gore camp -- and with Mongo, who is already shilling for votes in Q-Talk.

How else do you expect me to compete with those two masterpieces? :heh:

Honestly, I didn't ask for anyone's vote. I posted my cook, suggested they visit the TD, provided a link and mentioned they should vote for their favorite. I'm only trying to abide by the new mod rules of engagement. :mrgreen:

Well

When you put it that way.

Anyone with children, especially those with daughters would have a hard time not voting for Oldyote. I love the Norman Rockwell comment by Bigabite! You nailed it Chris! Thats exactly what it is! :clap:

Oh, can you believe I got two votes today! There are Brethren out there that do understand my thinking of food art! Thanks Bros! :thumb:

Well, what Chris said pretty much nails it. I want to vote 8 times, but I can't.

I'm drawn to that heart shaped steak. Reminds me of the Foo Fighters Album Cover "One By One"

Gore and e-code... what a team. Casey, brilliant. Al.. funny and brilliant...

But I'm a sucker for a pretty daughter posed beautifully in a themed photograph. That's actually really hard to do. The concept is bang on. I love it!

Cheers!

Bill

Will work for bbq's piece, whether you view it simply as a Beef Heart, or as a bold statement of one's undying affection for Picahna Roast, or as a damning testament to our modern health choices that lead us to our graves, it remains a grippingly valid piece.

You sir are a man who understands fine art, that is exactly the statement I was making, well that and I wanted to see which farker would make the connection with CT Elvis. :heh: I am convinced in my mind that once I'm gone that piece will bring MILLIONS at auction (especially post Apocalypse). The only problem is that I ate that b^*=h.

This is the first time I've seen all the entries other than on my cell phone and all I have to say is wow, I used to think the velvet print of dogs playing cards was fine art but boy was I wrong. I want to take Mongos and have it silk screened on the back of my favorite T shirt.

funandgamesweiner_menst10_detail.jpg

Back