Suggestions for Good Books on Smoking?

slider2021

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

I love to read and love to cook (duh). I got some great BBQ books for Father's Day, and now I'm looking for a few more to get me through the summer. I am looking for books strictly about smoking (recipes, techniques, etc)., not grilling i.e. Weber-centric.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Slow Fire by Ray Lampe (Dr BBQ)
Smoking Meat by Jeff Phillips

Francis Mallmann - Seven Fires is a pretty fun read. Not practical for most of us, but highly entertaining and great photos.

8033-F628-D666-4-F8-A-81-B4-6206-ACD18-B8-E.jpg

One not mentioned here that actually had some interesting ideas in it is Adam Perry Lang’s Serious Barbecue book. There are a lot of smoker recipes in it and he had some really good tips and techniques throughout the book.

How is Rodney Scott’s new book? Is it practical for a backyard cook that’s not cooking whole hog?

The Franklin book was a game changer for me.

The Franklin book appears to be THE book that everyone loves. The other is the Meathead book, which surprised me.

The Franklin book appears to be THE book that everyone loves. The other is the Meathead book, which surprised me.

I’ve never seen anyone recommend the meathead book.
I recommend to use it as toilet paper if you own it.

I posted this same question on another forum and it was the second most suggested book. And why do you feel that it is a bad book? It is a book about cooking and BBQ - how bad could it possibly be/ I think you are being a bit dramatic in your opinion. Sorry.

BTW - scroll up and you will see it was recommended here as well.

Back