Orange-Honey Glazed Shrimp Skewers (w/pix)

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
20150118_Shrimp.jpg

I fired up my Kamado Joe Classic this evening to try out one of the recipes in Chris Lilly's new "Fire & Smoke" book. The recipe was titled "Yuzu Shrimp Skewers" but I was unable to find Yuzu juice at my local markets. I substituted orange juice in its place and the results were OUTSTANDING!

I got a pound of 26-30ct shrimp and peeled & deveined them and left the tails on. The marinade is as follows:

5 tablespoons orange juice
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
4 teaspoons sesame oil
4 teaspoons srirach chili sauce
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic

I wisked all that together until the honey was completely dissolved in the mix. I added the shrimp to the mixing bowl and tossed it in the sauce and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.

I had my Kamado Joe set up for direct cooking but had my grill rack in the elevated position. I had the dome temp at around 500°. I grilled these shrimp on soaked bamboo skewers for 2 minutes per side and they were cooked to perfection!

The flavor is phenomenal. There is just a tad of heat to these but it doesn't come around until you have eaten a few of the shrimp!

I can't wait to try this same marinade on some fish!

That looks delicious. I may have to go pick up some prawns from the fish market and follow your lead for tonight's dinner...

Beautiful looking shrimp. I'm not a big fan of curry but it sounds delish. I would imagine that would work with chicken wings as well.

Beautiful looking shrimp. I'm not a big fan of curry but it sounds delish. I would imagine that would work with chicken wings as well.

You can certainly leave the curry out and I bet it would make for an interesting wing sauce also!

Shrimp be lookin fine! I've saved this recipe and will use it in the very near future. I'm on randomly lately and glad I ran across your post JM!

Those look grate !!!

Flavor sounds pretty nice...something the wife would really like & shrimp's about the only fish she'll eat....winner !!

Thanks again !!

my wife would love this recipe and I'm always on the lookout for a new and interesting appetizer. Thanks for this!

That recipe looks like it would make for a good salmon glaze. I think I'll have to give it a try.

That recipe looks like it would make for a good salmon glaze. I think I'll have to give it a try.

I think it would work well on about any kind of fish... I'm gonna try it again this weekend on something but not sure what just yet...

Back