Pizza 2nd attempt on UDS. Getting better

DaveT

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I think I have the temp control down and thanks to suggestion from Ashmont to get pizza dough at Trader Joe’s ($1.19 for fresh made dough). Just have to work on process of getting pizza from kitchen to grill. With the rack being 6-8 inches down in the grill there is no way to lift the lid and slide her right on. I can see where the Egg is better suited, Guess I will have to save my pennies.

Here it is. Dropped a chunk of hickory in while I had the lid off to place the Pizza. Had a nice subtle smoky flavor.
IMG_0043.jpg

Wow, what temp are you cooking that at? Was it you that had the fan blowing towards the air intake? Looks great!

Is it difficult to lift the lid, then remove the grate and place on nearby table/stand for a few seconds to transfer the pizza ?

Wow, what temp are you cooking that at? Was it you that had the fan blowing towards the air intake? Looks great!
490 degrees. That was me. My wife thinks I am going crazy!
IMG_0033.jpg

Is it difficult to lift the lid, then remove the grate and place on nearby table/stand for a few seconds to transfer the pizza ?
That is kind of what I did. I pulled the Pizza Stone out but I didn't have a table ready so I sat it on the ground. I know I need to work on that.

I think I have the temp control down and thanks to suggestion from Ashmont to get pizza dough at Trader Joe’s ($1.19 for fresh made dough). Just have to work on process of getting pizza from kitchen to grill. With the rack being 6-8 inches down in the grill there is no way to lift the lid and slide her right on. I can see where the Egg is better suited, Guess I will have to save my pennies.

Here it is. Dropped a chunk of hickory in while I had the lid off to place the Pizza. Had a nice subtle smoky flavor.
IMG_0043.jpg

Thanks DaveT for the acknowledgment! It was all you and that is a mighty fine pie.... (314) wont go there... Right side big Mo. a rockin tonight... Uhmmm forgot to send me a slice.......

Back