Anyone else got sweet blue going today???

roknrandy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've really not been able to do much with the smoker for the last 2 or 3 months :sad: so I decided to fire it up today and jump back in. I've got a brisket, Butt and will add a couple of butterflied chickens later.

Good for you Randy.

Closest I've come to sweet blue this month was the jelly on my bagel this morning

Enjoy the cook, sounds like your overdue!

Is butterflied similiar to or the same thing as spatchhocked?

sounds like a idea.Randy, let use know how it went..

ultramag said:
Enjoy the cook, sounds like your overdue!

Is butterflied similiar to or the same thing as spatchhocked?

Same thing Ultramag.... flat bird that cooks nice and even.

Cool, thank you very much Randy. Wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any tricks. I like the sound of butterflied better also.

Ok Randy, Im on vaca this week. Brisket sounds good. I'll be there in 2 & 1/2 hours!!

Brauma said:
Ok Randy, Im on vaca this week. Brisket sounds good. I'll be there in 2 & 1/2 hours!!

LOL!!! It still has another 7-8 hours yet so don't rush

no bbq today. cooking a big ol pot of beef stew and skillet cornbread.

Put two briskets on and 4 whole brined chickens. Brisket gone and bones left on the chicken.

Grumpy's Q said:
Put two briskets on and 4 whole brined chickens. Brisket gone and bones left on the chicken.

Hungry there Mike?

I had pulled pork sammies for lunch. Got to work all week. Freezer is full of ribs, pulled pork,fatties,brisket,ABTs. all stocked up for the inlaws and the cold colo winters. Although i will still fire up the smokers now and then!

I had pulled pork sammies for lunch. got the freezer about a third full of pulled pork,brisket,fatties,ABTs,ribs. will give some to family and the rest is for the cold windy colo winters.. I plan on firin up the WSM through out the winter as well as the Cookshack.

I did my first chuck roast today...smokin'! Motley Que turned me onto that. A couple slabs of ribs in there too. Second try on a coleslaw recipe. It was yummy the first time, so I hafta mess with it to make it one of a kind. Tomorrow the dressing will really come together; that's when I'll know whether I'm on the right track or not.

Back